Need to Lose Over 200 lbs....

Options
I have about 240 lbs to lose...It feels so impossible.

Is there anyone else who has over 200 lbs to lose???

I'm new here, so I'm looking for motivation and support and I will do the same for others!!

Thank you! :-)

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You will do this! I have faith in you... :-)
  • FluffyMamaNeeds2Lose
    Options
    Hello there... my weight was 365 this morning so I know exactly how you feel about it feeling impossible.. but I started at 410 so little by little its coming down. Hang in there! If you want a friend you can add me, I'd be proud to have you as a support.
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, i have 120LBS to lose,,,,it doesn't matter how much you have to lose, everyone is different, weight is weight (whether it is 4LBS or 400LBS)......you CAN do this!!!!!!! Add me as a friend if you want too....we can do this together!! :D
  • gettinfitmama
    gettinfitmama Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I don't have that much to lose but I wanted to offer support.

I encourage you to set smaller goals.

And give yourself non-food rewards such as buying a new books, getting a manicure/pedicure, etc. I have found this really helps me to have something to look forward to!

For the most part, I only let myself watch tv while I am exercising. I use the DVR to save the shows I want to watch and I hop on the treadmill or stationary bike.

Start slowly with exercising but don't give yourself excuses to not do it. you are worth the time and energy that you spend on yourself!

Wearing a pedometer and striving for 10,000 steps a day has helped me too.

best of luck!!!
  • meganfite
    Options
    I would like to lose about 120. Although it feels impossible I decided to start a smaller goal. So right now I am trying to lose just 50 pounds. You should do the same. Set goals that you can reach faster and then once you reach them reward yourself and set a new goal. Even if you set your goal at 25 pounds that seems a lot easier than 200+. I have found counting my calories works best. Also I love the Hungry Girl website. There are tons of great recipes. Good luck and know you can reach your goal.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to MFP!!!

I hope this site helps you as much as it has helped me. There are so many wonderful people here to help keep youmotivated!

YOU CAN DO THIS. It will take a LONG time to loose the weight. But just remember that you didn't put the weight on in one day so it won't come off in one day! Again... YOU CAN DO THIS!

Sending a friends request... I will try to help keep you motivated!
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't have 200 lbs to lose, but I do want to say Way To Go :drinker: for taking this step to get healthy and fit. There are too many people in our country that have just let themselves go and it's sad.
    Start Moving and Making Good Food Choices-- you'll lose weight and feel better. It's a long journey-- Don't Give Up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    You guys / gals are the greatest! Thank you for all the support and motivating messages!

I think we can all reach our goals and become happier and healthier people!

I will definitely be taking everyone's advice and breaking my 240 lbs down into smaller goals. I think I'm going to do 10 lbs increments and reward myself with a new ball of yarn and make myself a new scarf for each 10 lbs I lose!

I'm going to have a different scarf to wear for each week by the time I'm done!! :laugh:

Thank you again everyone! I hope you all have healthy and happy Fridays!!

Monica
  • Linshizzle
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! I use to have the mind set- i want to lose 80lbs RIGHT NOW!!! THIS WEEK!!! & when it would only be a pound or so here & there, i would give up & go right back to my bad habits... Im new to this site but the second i signed up something clicked. The weight will not come off right away. Its something you have to work hard for! just like any goals you want to achieve!!! & with losing a pound or so a week CONTINUOUSLY- that adds up!!! So say 8-10 lbs a month THATS 20lbs. in JUST 2 MONTHS!!! How fast does 2 months go by?? Also, its so much easier doing it with someone- here at work we are all on this website & thats all we talk about ALL DAY!!! Me & My Friend Franny walk for 15 min. on our breaks at 10am & 3pm. (well she jogs lol, i jogged for a few days & can barely walk now LOL) but talk about it with ppl, it makes it so much easier when someone can relate & help you make good decisions & keep you determined!!! I have no doubt you will accomplish your goals on this website!!! It is awesome!!! So dont think of it as you have over 200lbs to lose, set small goals.. like my mini goal is to lose 5lbs. in 2 weeks. Work towards your small goals & you will eventually, sooner than later get to your ultimate goal!!! I WISH YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!!! KEEP YOUR HEAD UP, DONT GIVE UP AND KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE PRIZE!!! WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!!!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You can do this! We are all here to help! I know it seems so monumental but take it 10-20 pounds at a time. I had over 120 pounds to lose and I lost 22 just by doing this. I just take it 10 pounds at a time. I joined several challenges and the start of each month to motivate myself.
    You can do this and we can do this together! 10 pounds at a time!
    I agree with giving yourself non food rewards. I made the mistake of giving myself a chocolate cover apple for a reward after my first 15 pounds and it didn't taste very good and I was bummed.
    Add me as a friend and we can do this together!
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Coming here is the 1st step.

I don't have 200 but i had total about 163 and have lost 68 so far , so i have almost 100 still to loose.

I agree small goals is the key. Take a small and goal and focus on that. Right now for these last 100 i broke it down in 1/3 rds. SO i am just focusing on these 33 lbs right now not beyond that.

It will come off pound by pound ...add me as a friend if you would like.
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    You soooo can do this!!

My goal???? Just to be a bit smaller each week. Whether in inches or pounds....I DON'T CARE!!! Just smaller.

Small goals are the best. Then you can say 'I did this!!'

Add me as a friend and we will (along with everyone else here) do this TOGETHER!!!

Happy Losing!!
    Debra:wink:
  • MissKaylaDawn
    Options
    You can do this! It seems so hard at first! But, you can do this :) I have faith! (I added you as a friend btw) All of us at MFP will root you on your journey!

Kayla
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Just know that you CAN do it. I started this journey last February at 331.8 lbs! I decided I was going to work at it pound by pound. Hard work, commitment to diet, and determination will get you to your goals.
  • CelesteHerrera
    Options
    mzmonica76,

First of all let me say that IT IS POSSIBLE!
    I have a friend who lost 350 lbs in 19 months. Yes, you read that right...350 in 19 months. Her and I are on the same program. I can share what we are doing if you'd like. Friend me as it would be an honor to be part of your support team!
    Best wishes!

Celeste Herrera
  • dgilner
    dgilner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Monica - you can do this!! I love the scarf idea - accessories are always good motivators!! Add me - I will be around for a long time - I love to have a good network of support and can see that we can help eachother!!