Weight loss of 100+ please, to motivate us bigger people

Options

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    When I started, the number "100" really made an impact on me. That is a serious number, and one hell of a defeat to accomplished. How many people can say they have "lost 100lbs". Good for you, don't let the number scare you - let it motivate you!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Not at -100# yet, but on my way! I'm not stopping until I can maintain at about 160#.

Here is a link to my 1-year progress post :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1246548-1-year-progress-with-lots-of-pics

You can do it!!

24wvhcm.jpg
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Not at -100# yet, but on my way! I'm not stopping until I can maintain at about 160#.

Here is a link to my 1-year progress post :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1246548-1-year-progress-with-lots-of-pics

You can do it!!

24wvhcm.jpg

You're doing an amazing job, I love seeing your progress :) OP, it is doable, just don't stop!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Oh, you've got loads to lose, that's awesome! :) In a way, that makes it a lot easier. The thing that really helps with weight loss is making it all part of your routine. After a while, you'll find that eating sensibly and exercising are just habits and they come very naturally. Having more to lose, means you'll be losing for quite a while, which means these habits will be easier to form and you can just carry on with your new lifestyle as the pounds drop off. So in a way, that gives you quite an advantage over the people who are only looking to lose 15, 20 lbs.

You absolutely have the power to make this happen. Just get started. That's the hard part. Get started and stick with it. Before you know it, it'll all be second nature. Best of luck! :)
  • amyn1973
    amyn1973 Posts: 2
    Options
    You guys are amazing!! I get so much inspiration just looking at your pictures. Some of you mentioned that you don't know how inspirational you are but you are very inspirational. Alot of people would give up or say it's too hard but you guys are living proof that it's not. Thanks! Needed this.
  • mom2my4boys
    mom2my4boys Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Im not at 100lbs lost yet. I started at 275lbs and 5"4. I've out out to loose 100lbs in one year. Im 6 weeks away fromtthe one year mark. You can absolutely do this. A few pieces of advice for you...

1. Find foods you like that fit within your calorie goals.
    2. Loosing weight is just like doing anything you dont "want" to do, just put your head down and do it! If you have more good days then bad, they add up eventually.
    3. When you have a bad day (food wise) get right back at it the next day.

Good luck to you!
  • amrelmesery
    amrelmesery Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i started at 363 pounds and i am now about 209
    here my pics
    7f76f94f-e32b-42ff-bbd2-e7f2ad4c17d1.jpg

22.jpg

1613863_792883437402991_7889164336356580357_n.jpg

20140528_135325.jpg
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love having new friends, you can add me if you like! I am on this journey too and although it is a tough one, it is a doable one! Good luck on your journey!
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics yet but you can add me for support. My food diary is open and what I would say there are two major keys to successful weight loss if you are really heavy. Get to the core of what caused your weight gain in the first place and get that fixed and consistency in eating right and exercise. I started off at 375 and have naturally lost 164 pounds. Anything is possible.
  • patwojo
    patwojo Posts: 13
    Options
    bump
  • mrslstage
    mrslstage Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Starting weight/left pic: 252lbs
    Right pic: 150lbs
    Current weight: 148
    Goal weight: 125-139

imagejpg1_zps99580359.jpg
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I started at 330pds and have lost 124pds so far! Good luck you can do it!!

2luqfcz.jpg
    You're gorgeous! And you look 15 years younger
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Love seeing the before and afters. Starting just shy of 400 lbs. I'm down over 100 with another 100+ to go. I know it can be done..but I also know it takes courage, planning, and a total mind set change. I no longer diet - I live a healthy lifestyle.

Best of luck to you! And congrats to all of you who have done such a fabulous job to get where you are and took the effort to share your photos to inspire us all!

And, of course all you with 100 pounds or so left to lose - if you want to add me as a friend, I'd love it if we could support each other! We are all going to be here awhile!
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I am starting over AGAIN on my weight loss journey and I am looking for friends, motivation, and to know that others in my position have succeed. I am 340 lbs right now and need to be down to 150 or so. Please post some before and after pics of losing over 100 lbs and/ some tips on how I can actually get through this.

I don't know if this is helpful because I haven't faced a 100+ lb journey myself, but one thing that I am doing for my own journey is to make sure to break it up into smaller goals. Staring at a 190 lb road ahead of you must feel daunting, but remember that there will be successes along the way to keep you going. Research shows that a 10% reduction in weight (for a person who is currently overweight/obese) can have big health benefits. I haven't even hit 10% loss yet and I already FEEL the benefits of walking more, lifting some weights, and eating less. Setting small goals is a big part of losing weight. In a couple more weeks I will get to celebrate getting to 25% of my goal reached and I am SUPER excited to be a quarter of the way through.

Your milestones will depend on your personal goals, but be sure to set some smaller goals for yourself to keep you going! Some people celebrate 5-10 lb losses, others think in percentages, others chase personal milestones like "the weight I was when I met my husband..." The only type of goal I'd be wary of would be "the weight I was when I fit into a size ____" The only thing about that is to exercise caution because you can often fit clothes differently at the same weight -- on the way up you may have carried more weight in your belly and on the way down you carry more in your thighs or whatnot.

Good luck!
    Yes! This exactly! When I thought of the 121 Lbs I needed to lose it was overwhelming. So I started out with small ones 10 lbs, 25 lbs. Etc. It helps ALOT!! Every goal reached is super exciting.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    seeing triple numbers can be so daunting. it was for me when i first started but just take it one lb and day at a time.

so much inspirational, motivation threads on this forum its very encouraging.
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the motivation, you guys are all doing so well!
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet but I have come far! Relevant numbers: I started at 316lbs/143kg and I'm 5'2/157cm.

2uo6q0h.jpg
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Love these threads. I'm one of those personalities that just gets so happy when I see other people succeeding at challenging goals. You guys are all so awesome!!! Thanks for giving me my daily dose of warm fuzzy feelings. :heart:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My profile pic is a before-after shot. Began at 344 + and currently a little less than 230... You can do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!