MFP calories doesnt match the packaging.

Options
JanesGame
JanesGame Posts: 53 Member
So I got some goats cheese today, the packaging says 30g is 67Cals. However, when I scanned the bar code it said 97 cals for 30g. Now I know this isnt a huge lift but on other items its dont the same and the lifts have been bigger, plus all these little ones can add up and put me over my cal limit. Again, once in a while this wont be an issue but its making it difficult to know which one to go by. Do I alter the weight on MFP of my food so the cals match the packaging, or shall I keep going off what MFP is saying?

Replies

• caitology
    caitology Posts: 50
    Options
    I'd go off the packaging, but that's just me.
  • JoeyFrappuccino
    JoeyFrappuccino Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'd go by the packaging as well. I've found it's pretty common to scan a barcode and have most of the information be right except for for one thing like sodium. Try searching for the food in the database and if you can't find it, make a new one that matches the packaging. Nutrition labels are regulated and I don't think the MFP database is as reliable.
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't edit it in the app, but on the website you can edit the food. When you click on it, to the right it will ask you if the nutrition information is correct. If you click no, it gives you the option to edit. Easy as that!