Wii Just Dance for cardio?

Options
Has anyone here tried this game? I have it and love it and I'll tell you, I sweat my *kitten* off doing it, heart pounding the whole deal. I count it as cardio...does anyone else?

Replies

• hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    when i play it I do count it as cardio
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    It's definitely a helpful way to add cardio! I usually do it before I do something like EA Sports Active to warm up well ... you might find that it gets really easy pretty quickly. But it is *so* fun!
  • AmyLynn4321
    AmyLynn4321 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes i do! It's a lot of fun when i don't feel like doing a regular workout! And it IS a workout!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I just tried this at a friend's house a month ago and hubby and I were both sweating. A fun game for sure, especially against someone else!
  • inforsey
    inforsey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I do 90 minutes of this at least twice a week.. And I for sure count it towards cardio.. It is an awesome game. the second installment is coming in the fall with a "Sweat Mode". I am very excited.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    I love it! My daughter and I play for an hour every other day and I enter it as cardio too. It makes me sweat my *kitten* off..:blushing:
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I do 90 minutes of this at least twice a week.. And I for sure count it towards cardio.. It is an awesome game. the second installment is coming in the fall with a "Sweat Mode". I am very excited.
    really????? i know what i want for my birthday now! :happy: oh and they are coming out with zumba for wii too. i want that too.
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I was hoping for a second edition of Just Dance...that is great news! And Zumba, too! Sweet!! I have my wish list started!
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    OOO I want the ZUMBA one too. Do you know when it will come out?

For Just dance, my 2 favorite songs are "Jin go la ba" and " Eye of the tiger"...

happy dancing!
  • FunkBunny
    FunkBunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Haven't done JinGo La Ba yet, my fav is Cotton Eye Joe and Womanizer. LOVE those! Do them over and over!

My step-daughter and I play together, too, she's 6! My boys (6 and 9) don't really want to do it unless it's on Who Let The Dogs Out. That one is alright for my youngest, the older one will do it begrudgingly. :grumble:

Yes! Any word on a release date for ZUMBA?
  • Positively_Me
    Options
    Haven't done JinGo La Ba yet, my fav is Cotton Eye Joe and Womanizer. LOVE those! Do them over and over!

My step-daughter and I play together, too, she's 6! My boys (6 and 9) don't really want to do it unless it's on Who Let The Dogs Out. That one is alright for my youngest, the older one will do it begrudgingly. :grumble:

Yes! Any word on a release date for ZUMBA?

My daughter ( 14 y/o) loves Fame ( so do I - missed that one) and she also loves Can't touch this. Both may sons don't want ot have any part of the game ( a 4 y/o and 13 y/o) ..they find it too silly. But I love it!

I googled the release date for Zumba and I think ( based on some articles) it will be relesed during the holiday season 2010...
  • inforsey
    inforsey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I got a high score of 22000 last night on Jin-Go-Loba... woooooo!

I have preordered my Just Dance 2.. I am so excited I can't even tell you.. Lame - yes.. But, like everyone else, I sweat my *kitten* off doing that game... and I have all the Wii Fit things.. but I love Just Dance most of all.

XBOX is making a Kinect system in November that is like Wii but without controls. Anyway, they have a dancing game coming out with that.. I have asked for the Kinect system and the dancing game for my birthday in November. Which my husband is all in agreement with because it means a new XBOX.

:-)

Keep shakin yer groove thang ladies!
  • jpainter1984
    jpainter1984 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just discovered this game and absolutely love it. You can't help but play it for hours. I Sweat my butt off playing against my daughters. So much fun!