When MFP asks me how active I am...

Options
When MFP asks for how active I am, does it include working out? I usually spend about 2 hours a day at the gym, but for the rest of the time I just sit at home. Do I count the workout as part of my activity or not?

Replies

• skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't think so , its more to figure out how many calories you burn at rest , I sit on my *kitten* at work and barely work out, so Im sedentary lol
  • bkcuti3
    bkcuti3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you calculate your time at the gym into your exercise diary then you're sedentary. I just sit at home most of the time but I've been trying to work out everyday so I'm set at sedentary but put in my exercise.
  • Nedra19455
    Nedra19455 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    When MFP asks for how active I am, does it include working out? I usually spend about 2 hours a day at the gym, but for the rest of the time I just sit at home. Do I count the workout as part of my activity or not?

Your activity level is usually determined by your normal daily activities. If you have an active job, are a high school student who climbs several flights of stairs throughout the day and goes to a gym class, walk a half mile to and from the bus stop each day, have a young kid to look after, etc. then those are all things that add to your daily activity level.

Usually, you are expected to log your workouts on top of your activity level. So in your case, you should put down that you are sedentary. On the days when you go to the gym for 2 hours, you should log your workouts (most accurate if you have a HRM) and then you'll get calories added to your account in order to compensate for the extra calorie burn.