craving pizza....deconstructed pizza...

Options
Just made this at home, and it's actually not bad.

I was craving pizza really bad and I am trying to keep my carbs below 20, so I made this, and it hit the spot. Of course this is customizable but I wondered if any of ya'll ever tried this.

I made a hamburger patty and while it was cooking in the bacon grease (gotta love keto), I put some pepperoni with onions, green peppers in another frying pan (so I can get the pepperoni crisped up on the edges because I love that on the pizzas). once cooked, I added a touch of marinara sauce.

Put Mozzarella cheese on the hamburger patty (gotta have cheese), and put the pepperoni mixture on the patties...

Not bad...could use some tweeking...but defiantly worth giving a try in my opinion.

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    How can you 'love keto' yet crave pizza? I don't get it.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

*shrug*

I could eat what the OP was eating and I don't follow keto. So not sure what keto has to do with it at all.

I also eat real pizza when I want pizza.

Because carbs are not evil.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

I love salads and still crave bread, pizza, candy, chips and pop.
  • mfrankrn
    mfrankrn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have been looking for a good pizza substitute. I don't really mind substituations for everything else keto, but the pizza gets me. I tried cauliflower, baking pepperoni and topping with other toppings, and baking cheese plain then adding toppings. Mother's day I planned a higher carb day and did a tapioca and coconut flours crust. Nothing is close.

I have been toying with crisping pepperoni in a pan, then cooking sausage in a patty, topping with veggies, cheese, and the pepperoni and dipping in marinara sauce. Pretty close to what you did, it might be worth it if this was good...
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I admit, it isn't the prettiest looking dish, but it's worth a try because when fresh the flavor is very close.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    that sounds great!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Me too, but then why force yourself in a diet where you can't eat that stuff?

I'll never get it. I guess people like punishing themselves or something. *shrug*

Doesn't mean it doesn't sound good, it does... but that's not pizza!
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    Options

Me too, but then why force yourself in a diet where you can't eat that stuff?

Because if I do stay on my old diet or go back to heavy carbs, I will be sick, diabetic and signing myself up for a short lifespan. So, I prefer to just not have it. I'm not miserable. I just was craving. And btw..I did have papa johns pizza about three weeks ago...thin crust meat lovers, and it cost so much of my carbs, it wasn't worth it. So I found another way to do it.

I also enjoy ice cream...but again, can't have it, so I scoop out frozen cool whip and enjoy that as much.

I'll never get it. I guess people like punishing themselves or something. *shrug*

Doesn't mean it doesn't sound good, it does... but that's not pizza!

Plus, it's not a diet...this change is permanent......