healthy choices/ lean cuisine dinners

Options
Hey guys is it okay to eat these when you dieting the healthy choice dinners and lean cuisines?

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    I would think as long as you're getting your required nutrient intake there's nothing inherently wrong with them. Just understand frozen meals tend to be higher in sodium and may cause temporary water retention.
  • tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I would think as long as you're getting your required nutrient intake there's nothing inherently wrong with them. Just understand frozen meals tend to be higher in sodium and may cause temporary water retention.

^this. That being said I have some in the freezer here and at work for when I don't feel like cooking or didn't bring lunch or feel like going out. But I wouldn't base my entire diet on them.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the IIFYM folks and yeah you can. I choose not to because to me, the portions are small and I end up licking the tray. Better to have something with more veggies.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Sure. Maybe add a tossed,dark green salad for more nutrients. It's a good way to eat a quick meal and have portion contro. Basically the same as buying expensive diet food from Jenny Craigs or Nutr-system.
  • lasondraperrygraham1
    Options
    Thanks everybody I was going to eat one from time to time when there's not anything good at work but adding a salad to it is a good idea thanks again!
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i supplement these into my diet too. i find making my own veggie stir fries to be the most filling and satisfying.
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I eat one or two of them a week. The portions are a little small, but I usually snack frequently anyway so that's okay for me. I actually like quite a few of them, they're great for when I'm the only one home and I"m cooking for only myself.
  • lasondraperrygraham1
    Options
    I eat one or two of them a week. The portions are a little small, but I usually snack frequently anyway so that's okay for me. I actually like quite a few of them, they're great for when I'm the only one home and I"m cooking for only myself.
    thanks!
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I hardly cooked at all last week and lived off things like this as I was ill.
    Great for when life gets hectic, but looking forward to cooking again next week.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    If you are considering eating them exclusively, then be aware that you will have to pay close attention to the macro/micro content and drink additional water to offset the sodium. If you are concerned about that sort of thing, that is.
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Some would say no, but any lifestyle change is better than nothing at all!
  • JLoescher01
    JLoescher01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I find they don't have much food in them and are expensive vs making your own. Try making a bunch of good healthy food and making your own individual meals. You can freeze them and take them out as you need them. :)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I find they don't have much food in them and are expensive vs making your own. Try making a bunch of good healthy food and making your own individual meals. You can freeze them and take them out as you need them. :)

This is good advice.

The downfall to frozen dinners is they are rather expensive and the quality kinda sucks when compared to homemade. Of course, the convenience is there and if you can't cook...:tongue:

If you CAN cook and you have one day per week (or one per month) you can look into the Once A Week Cooking method or Once A Month Cooking method.