Motivational rewards????

Options
Ok....I don't know if anyone else is doing this but along with all the motivation and support I am getting from all my new friends here on the site, I have decided to reward myself with every 10 pounds I lose! I have a goal of 50lbs to lose. I know what my last two rewards will be but I need help on the first three!! Give me your suggestions but remember I am NOT RICH so keep the reward cost reasonable :p

10lbs~ ?
20lbs~?
30lbs~?
40lbs~ 1 hour body massage from spa! OH YEAH BABY!
50lbs~ Finally after 3 yrs....a bathing suit for this summer :)

Replies

• crissimoyer
    Options
    New undergarments is always fun!
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I love magazines so you could throw in a magazine subscription. Or a new fitness dvd/game... so many options : )
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    New workout clothes, songs for Ipod, dinner/movie date, new jeans, gym bag, gym shoes... :)
  • alisons7598
    alisons7598 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    One of my rewards was to have a new look. Get my hair cut and colored or maybe a manicure and pedicure. Could always go get a shirt you've had your eye on or maybe a pair of shoes you've been wanting. Not sure how much you spend on those type of things so I guess it would depend on that
  • skinnyclothes
    Options
    mani pedi and new clothes or night on the town thats what I'm going for lol
  • btrflyflutter
    btrflyflutter Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ohhh... a pedicure sounds good!
  • Serenity79
    Options
    I have 28 pounds to lose so I'm going to reward every 7 pounds, haven't chosen what they're going to be yet but I would like to have a facial soon so that will probably be the first reward. 14 pounds maybe a haircut and colour. Not sure for 21 pounds yet but I know what I would love to get for 28 pounds if I can afford it, I would love to go and get my teeth whitened. It's something I've wanted for a long time and it's a great motivation for me.
  • pegrick
    Options
    Instead of waiting for professional teeth whitening - I suggest that a short term reward be an OTC whitening kit! For around $40 you can get a non slip strip system that does a pretty darn good job. I actually use them for a quick brightening and since you aren't supposed to eat or drink during the 30 minute session, it can get you thru an afternoon craving without cheating too!
  • Serenity79
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. Not sure if I have the nerve to do it without my dentist though, lol, although I like the 'no eating for 30 minutes' idea!! :laugh:
  • Loribell23
    Options
    Manicure
    Pedicure
    New Bra
    New make-up / Make-over at a counter at Macy's

OR- what about each time you hit a 10 pound loss, you put an amount of money in a jar- like $20. Once you get to goal- you can take all that money you EARNED and do something fun with it, like buy a new pair of jeans, get yourself something that shows off the new you. :)
  • btrflyflutter
    Options
    Instead of waiting for professional teeth whitening - I suggest that a short term reward be an OTC whitening kit! For around $40 you can get a non slip strip system that does a pretty darn good job. I actually use them for a quick brightening and since you aren't supposed to eat or drink during the 30 minute session, it can get you thru an afternoon craving without cheating too!

It's called OTC? I could use one of these for my eldest son...he got his braces off and I just don't like the color of his teeth!
  • btrflyflutter
    Options
    Ok, I'm liking the facial and the haircut!

Someone mentioned shoes....I have had my eye on a pair of these....does anyone have a pair? If so how do you feel about them?

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/womens_footwear.htm
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am going to award myself with a foot massage at 25 lbs. Oh yeah can not wait.
  • btrflyflutter
    Options
    So I think this is my plan!

10lbs~ Chelsey Handler books (3)
    20lbs~Pedicure
    30lbs~Haircut and color
    40lbs~ 1 hour body massage from spa! OH YEAH BABY!
    50lbs~ Finally after 3 yrs....a bathing suit for this summer :)

GO GO GOOOOO MEEEEEEE!!!!!
  • LoriArchi
    LoriArchi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Regarding the coloring after braces make sure they did not leave the glue residue on the teeth. The guy who removed mine did that. It wasn't until I went back to my normal dentist did I know and he removed it.