May Challenge Success!

Options
_L_A_
_L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
I've been losing steadily all year but I was in a bit of a rut and wanted to increase my fitness and hopefully keep my weight loss moving rather than hitting a plateau which I expected to happen as it happened around this weight last time! So I set myself a May Challenge which was 25 days of exercise in May, only 6 rest days (which I stupidly used most for around my birthday at the beginning... I've now learnt to spread them out a bit better!).

Anyway it was a success! I did my 25 days :D and I lost....

1.5 inches from my hips
2 inches from my waist
5.5lbs of weight!

I was only aiming for 4 so I did better than I expected! It has also brought me down to over half way through my intended weight loss!!

I did do before/afters but I'll be honest.... I can't really see a difference in the photos! I feel a difference in my clothes and can see a bit of a difference in the mirror but realistically it's only a little difference going by the numbers so I suppose the photos won't show that well!

I'm closer to the size I want to be for my wedding now! :D

Replies

• Nynkepetra
    Nynkepetra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's great congrats! What kind of exercise would you do for how long?
  • soozy84
    soozy84 Posts: 118
    Options
    Congrats!
  • _L_A_
    Options
    Thanks both!
    That's great congrats! What kind of exercise would you do for how long?

I have pretty much been alternating between gym and running each day, with the odd swimming session and the odd gym class.

I have been running between 5 and 11.8Km although most of my runs are either 7 or 8Ks (and I've increased my speed massively over the month too :D)

My gym session is upper body weights (not massive weight lifting, but heavy enough to be difficult for me and I've increased my weights over the month), floor/abdo work out, then I try to rack up a 300kcal burn according to the cardio machines, usually just treadmill, and I'll either run, do sprint intervals or walk fast at a steep incline. I also use the cross trainer (elliptical I think it's also called...) and the arm bike to reach my calorie burn.

Swimming I do for an hour. It's my low intensity exercise I choose to do if I'm hurting from previous exercise to avoid exacerbating an injury.

The classes I tried were body blast, which I've done before and enjoyed but I ripped open a blister on my hand last time and realised how I'd rather do my own work out so if I get an injury like that or anything else I can tailor it accordingly and not just have to follow in pain! I also tried aqua aerobics, it was fun, but I didn't find it very tiring, I usually pair my classes with a half hour swim or gym session before or after.
  • _L_A_
    Options
    Ok so looking at the photos again I think there are some differences, in my arms in the front photo and my tummy looks a bit flatter from the side... Only 4 weeks difference so not surprising it's only subtle difference! Is it just me or can anyone else see those differences too? (Left is before, right is after) (also the weird patches on my abdomen are lipoatrophy from insulin injections, there's not much I can do about them except surgery)

7239d5fa-e03c-4271-8429-931da88628ca_zps8b58b9f6.png

42becfe2-168b-409a-a88f-0706f2ff816e_zps2440f8dd.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!