50 Lbs Weight Loss over one year

Options
I lost 50 lbs over 12 months with the help of myfitnesspal. I started this journey in April 2013. My wife introduced me to myfitnesspal. My wife had been on me to workout and just to stay healthy. I lived a very sedentary lifestyle. One day after breathing hard from doing simple task I decided to take my wife's advice and get physically fit. When I first started using myfitnesspal I wanted to see how much I was eating. I realized that I was eating 4000 calories a day. Well I used the myfitnesspal recommendations to lose 2 lbs a week and I went from 4000 calories a day to 1800. I also incorporated insanity the first two months (April-may 2013). I ended up losing 24 lbs just by doing this. I started at 232 lbs, I was now down to 210. I took three months off because my wife and I went on a summer vacation together. I didn't gain any weight in the process because I started to develop healthy eating habits. I started back working out in Sept 2013 doing Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 workouts along with dropping calories recommended by myfitnesspal. I have continued this and I lost another 26 lbs from Sept 2013 to May 2014. I continue to eat healthy and workout. I am now training to run a half marathon with my wife in Dec. Once I figure out how to post photos I will.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!