Really bummed no weight loss

Options
This was my first week and I was really good! Weigh in this morning and no weight loss:sad: Everyone told me that when your in your 50's it is harder to get it off. It was so easy when I was young :frown:

1200 Cal a day and no cheating really disapointed

Replies

• MichelleOnTrack
    Options
    Is 1200 calories enough? Did you have any exercise? Were your portions accurate? Don't give up! It might take your body another week before it starts to lose weight...
  • BelligerentBrin
    Options
    Something must be wrong with your math.

It's impossible to consume 1200 calories a day for a whole week and not to lose anything (unless you're already dangerously low in body fat).
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough??? 1200 cals is quite low.

Also are you measuring yourself. Sometimes your losses show in measurements rather than on the scale.

Finally, stick with it, don't give up. I know it can be disappointing but success if just around the corner.
  • sdtul
    sdtul Posts: 24
    Options
    Something must be wrong with your math.

It's impossible to consume 1200 calories a day for a whole week and not to lose anything (unless you're already dangerously low in body fat).

I agree. It isn't possible to eat that few of calories and not lose at all. Are you measuring or weighing everything?!?! Most people's problems when they start 'dieting' is that they grossly underestimate what portion sizes look like.

This coming week I suggest you dig out the measuring cups/Tbsp etc and measure everything you eat. You may be suprised ;) Sure shocked the heck out of me when I started a couple yrs ago. This isn't something you will have to do for a lifetime, just until you can get the jist of what i cup of something looks lik etc. I eyeball everything now and am pretty bang on. Good luck :D
  • 2labs4me
    Options
    Actually everyday I was under 1200 cal.. and I was full . limited exercise just a little walking. I was very careful with my portions and measurements..
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I had to start looking beyond diet and exercise. My hormones were unbalanced and my thyroid was dysfunctional. I also suffered from adrenal fatigue, once I got these things undercontrol I was much more successful. Maybe head the dr to get some lab work done. I work with a natruopath and a nurse practitioner on a more holistic approach, it's work for me.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Actually, when I started this site a year ago, it took me about 3 weeks before I started losing. I have since lost 30 lbs. Soooooo, do not get discouraged or give up. I echo what the others are saying about getting measuring cups, measuring spoons, and evan a food scale. Stay here with us...you will start seeing results before you know it. I know I probably could have never lost weight without using this site!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Actually everyday I was under 1200 cal.. and I was full . limited exercise just a little walking. I was very careful with my portions and measurements..

I believe you. Weight loss for me has been indescribably slow!! I win the tortoise award!!! Sometimes it just takes time...what ever you do , DON'T quit!! You know for sure if you do then you will slowly continue to gain. Just hang in there. Even if you only lose one pound a month (silent scream) wouldn't you still enjoy being 12# lighter next Christmas? and 24#s lighter the Christmas after that? As we age it does happen slower but it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

D
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I havent lost in three months. Can you see a difference? I totally see one in my self. So you may not be able to see it on the scale.
  • maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    2lab.... I posted on your home site
    Others, just an FYI ...If you do not consume a minimum of 1200 calories/day your body is probably going into "Starvation Mode" and you will not lose weight. 1200 calories allows to maintain 'basal metabolic rate'...this keeps heart/lungs etc functioning at rest state and if do not get base 1200 body stores fat as a protective action. Also to prevent this mode should have something to eat every 3-4 hrs. ...... carrots/apple/granola bar....something. Log exercise as well; any "extra" calories earned through exercise may or may not be eaten, your choice, these calories if not eaten are where you lose weight.
    Hope this helps anyone who couldn't understand why not losing when "not eating a lot"
    Good luck and good will to all, do not give up...MFP is a great site with many good people for support.:smile:
    MAE