Yesterday's NSV

Options
lalee93
lalee93 Posts: 52 Member
Yesterday, I did yoga. I really love doing yoga, but hadn't done it recently as I was either busy (I know, lame excuse, but being honest) or was doing cardio and other things at the gym. I had always had difficulty with pulling my knees up and holding them to my belly/chest area. i could barely fit my arms around to do it. Yesterday, when I did yoga, I could do it! For the first time ever! It sounds small, but it was a huge thing for me. It was kinda like I could hug myself for the first time in my life. It was just a really awesome moment!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    awesome progress ;)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    These are the posts that are awesome! Great NSV!:flowerforyou:
  • hnsr1021
    hnsr1021 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! It's moments like these that make it a little easier to keep going! Congrats on your NSV!
  • BekkahS1552
    Options
    That's a great NSV!!! :smile:
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!

And it was my first NSV too. Sort of the same one. I like to stretch my legs straight out and lean forward over them as I hold my toes. I had lost the ability to lay myself flat over my legs like that, because my belly had gotten in the way. My first NSV was when I was able to do that again.

Feels good, doesn't it?
  • marykator
    marykator Posts: 20
    Options
    That's wonderful! My friend and I are starting next weekend :)
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful NSV!! It means you are getting more flexible too, that is a great thing!! What is your next goal?
  • lalee93
    lalee93 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful NSV!! It means you are getting more flexible too, that is a great thing!! What is your next goal?

Honestly, I have no idea. I just like to be aware of my abilities so that I know when I do something I have never been able to do before. The surprise is quite awesome.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! You're getting stronger and more fit as the days go by. Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!