Kinect for xbox 360

Options
Is there a way to track the calories used doing the games on the kinect? For instance Zumba, dance central and your shape fitness evolved?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Zumba probably falls under the general aerobics category. Dance Central under dance. I'm not sure about the last one, is it more aerobic or strength training? I would use which generic activity type most closely matches what you are doing.
  • mickandy
    Options
    Here is a website I found. I hope this helps you.:happy:

http://123kinect.com/weight-loss-fun-easy-kinect/#more-8060
  • regi1
    regi1 Posts: 28
    Options
    Dance Central has a workout mode that tracks calories. I don't know how accurate it is.
  • Talliexxx
    Options
    Thanks for that.That was a good site. For my dance central I will just continue to put general dance in.XXXX
  • Talliexxx
    Options
    I never knew that..thank you I will look tomorrow x
  • regi1
    Options
    I believe the option for workout is under perform it
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I found the "Your Shape" calorie counter to be WAY off...I wore a heart rate monitor while I worked out and the xbox said i burned 66 calories and my heart rate monitor said i burned 200 and some odd calories...so I'd go with the HRM...I also looked into the Active 2 for kinect, and it comes with a HRM but you can only use it for the xbox not for anything else...kind of a rip off considering it's a $100 game
  • Talliexxx
    Options
    Im know its hard to know if you are getting a true reading.Mind you if the weight start to come off i am not too bothered. As long as I am putting the work in and keeping my food below what I am allowed daily I should see some results. Thank you for all your help. xxx
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    Options
    My kids want to Kinect, but I didn't get it for them for Xmas because of the negative reviews I read on-line and in talking with a staffer at Game Stop..How does everyone like it and do you think it is worth the $$..I am concerned that it won't catch on and they won't make many games for it...We also have the Wii Fit and SPorts games and don't use them as often as we did when we 1st got it..But it is winter now, so I think that I will suggest it for this weekend!
  • Talliexxx
    Options
    I can only speak from my personal opinion but I think it is absolutely brilliant.I love it and cant see me ever getting bored of it. I much prefer it to the wii.No negatives here xxx
  • ina1975
    ina1975 Posts: 20
    Options
    My kids want to Kinect, but I didn't get it for them for Xmas because of the negative reviews I read on-line and in talking with a staffer at Game Stop..How does everyone like it and do you think it is worth the $$..I am concerned that it won't catch on and they won't make many games for it...We also have the Wii Fit and SPorts games and don't use them as often as we did when we 1st got it..But it is winter now, so I think that I will suggest it for this weekend!

We love it for us (adults) but our kids (ages 3 & 5) have a hard time. It's a hit or miss for them as far as it catching. Their just too short. It came with a card to help set it up for their size, which did help a bit for my 5 year old. Their probably too young to be playing video games anyway but I'm trying to find more active things to do with them during these cold months.

I want to get the zumba game...reviews??
  • regi1
    Options
    I have an 8 yr old and he loves it. Especially the Kinect Sports game. I find the games to be fun myself and quite a workout.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I haven't play a video game as much as I play the kinect in 10 years. I love Dance Central. I have the Your Shape as well and I enjoyed using that as well. My kids are 9 & 10 (boy & girl) they like it because there is no controllers. They like being able to track their entire body movements in games.
  • melkneec
    melkneec Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    We love ours!!! It works great not like the other camera games. No troubles at all. My nephew is 7 and my son is 15. Then My sister and I play all the time. We have a few different games between us and we love it!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    My 8 year old son and I love love love it too...he rocks out and i work out lol...
  • dzdame
    dzdame Posts: 89
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback on the Kinect! We played the Wii last night and had a lot of fun bowling and golfing..maybe today we will drag out the Wii Fit again...if they seem to get back into it (my boys are 14 and 9), maybe we will have to think about the Kinect! We are not skiiers, so looking for ways (in addition to the Y) for all of us to stay active together during the winter months! I am also thinking about trying out Xcountry skiing, but can't seem to convince them to try with me...may have to venture out on my own!