low carb support

Options
Hi, i've been working on a low carb diet and just trying to not eat as much sugar and junk...i've fallen off the wagon several times but i'm looking for others in a similar situation to share ideas and support....if your looking for that please add me...:D

Replies

• _rosskenita_
    _rosskenita_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also on a fairly low carb diet and have fallen off the wagon. I've had a really good streak of late and found that assigning one meal a day where i can have carbs (generally dinner, as it is when i want to binge the most) it makes me look forward to the meal and not feel deprived. I've also cut out refined sugars and often make homemade treats with very little carbs :)
  • boringdanielle
    boringdanielle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am starting to eat lower carb as well....I have fallen off the wagon the last week. After watching my friend drop 20 lbs in the last month, I want to try. How many carbs are you all eating? My friend is eating less than 50 a day. I can not go that low without feeling bad. Its good to find some support!
  • trixylicious
    trixylicious Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you may be feeling ill under 50g carbs a day as some say 50 and under a day puts ur body into ketosis...(fat burning mode) alot of people get what alot call the induction flu.. caused by ur body getting used to using fat instead of carbs... maybe just hang in there with under 50 it usually passes in a few days and u feel alot better....
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Welcome ladies. If you interested there is an Atkin's group here on MFP & also a low carb forum. Good luck on your journey; I started low carb under 2months ago and I've seen tons of a change in health and happiness.
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I started full fledged yesterday :)
  • trixylicious
    trixylicious Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    im in the keto group didnt see the low carb... but would imagine their pretty similar?
  • chiaseed48
    chiaseed48 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, I am a type 2 diabetic and am trying to get back on track with my healthy eating plan.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    If you keep falling off, it might not be the wagon for you.
  • TayaMom
    TayaMom Posts: 2
    Options
    Lchf here. . Feel free to add me x
  • jennmelcena1
    Options
    Starting My Fitness Pal (again) and trying to get back on the low carb/Atkins bandwagon to boot! I had really good success with it awhile back, and then just ... stopped. Baked goods are my downfall. :-/
  • marykator
    marykator Posts: 20
    Options
    Me as well. Feel free to add me!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    I can't help but notice all the people who have fallen off the wagon using low carb. Wonder what that means.
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am starting Low Carb today as well! Please feel free add me, I would love to share recipes and tips So there will be NO MORE FALLING OFF THE WAGON for any of us!!!! :)
  • Brans34
    Brans34 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have also been trying the low carb diet. I have just noticed that when I eat breads and pastas (which I love), I swell up and gain a lot of weight. I stopped eating wheat products for a week and lost 9 lbs! Then I had a sandwich for lunch with wheat bread and gained 2 lbs by the next day. How depressing is that!!! Anyways, I have discovered Ezekiel bread...its been sprouted, and it doesn't have those nasty side effects. I feel better, I can still have sandwiches and toast, AND I keep losing the weight (as long as I stay slightly active and close to my calorie allowance). I also started getting gluten free noodles to make my own personal side of mac n cheese when the rest of the fam is eating "regular" food.
    Anyways, I'm gonna be working a lot harder to stay low carb AND get off my rump more and try to get that heart rate up. Luckily, its summer so I can go to the river and lakes around here and do some swimming!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm LCHF feel free to add me

For a good source of low carb info check out www.marksdailyapple.com.

Good luck
  • moautry
    moautry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it about a week, and have already lost 3 pounds. (Counting calories and WW points does not work for me anymore). I can not do the super-low 50 carb thing- I see no need to torture myself. I just try to make my diet around 20-25% carbs, which puts me at less than 100. The Fitbit will calculate that, even if you log with MFPal. The biggest changes I've made are making all sandwiches open-faced, and exchanging a starchy side for a green side. And lots of nuts, butter, mayo, and ranch dressing. And I try to get 10,000 steps a day.
  • jenniferpark01
    jenniferpark01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating bread, rice, and pasta several months ago. All my carbs come from veggies and fruit. I don't miss pasta or rice at all. I don't miss bread but I don't have good results when it is in the house. I have a food spiralizer that I use to turn zucchini into pasta like strands. It is really good.

I do have a junk day once a month. I eat what ever I like for the day then go back to my normal eating the next day. This lets me get in any cravings I have been thinking about.

I am not doing low carbs because of any fad. I've tried eating so many different ways and I get the best results when breads, pastas and rice are out of my life.
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If you keep falling off, it might not be the wagon for you.

I agree. I've done Atkins before. Ketogenic diets are not very forgiving when it comes to cheating. If you keep bouncing in and out of ketosis, it can really be a challenge. And if all you do is starve your body of carbs, but not go low enough to force the metabolic shift to ketosis, then you're just stuck in a low-energy state.
  • dranthy
    dranthy Posts: 6
    Options
    Im in a low carb diet too. I went from being 207lbs to 187 in a months. Low carb is hard cua u have to keep away from all the goodies. Ive been going to this weightloss clinic to monitore my weightloss and get advice also get yell by them everytime i try to cheat.
  • dranthy
    dranthy Posts: 6
    Options
    Feel free to add me. We need to support each other