mid 30's woman needing motivation

Options
I am in my 30's and my weight has Always fluctuated up and down my WHOLE life... I am at a loss...i try to eat healthy...I get on the damn scale everyday, i walk an hour almost everyday...I feel like i have been on a diet my whole life...I gain weight just watching others eat.. I am desperate and its bringing me down...Hoping to get some motivation here and meet some new people in the same situation.... :frown:

Replies

• acer88
    acer88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have been trying to lose weight for the past 2 years. I exercized a lot last year and the scale did not move. Now after a few months of doing nothing I am going to try the kitchen route. They say 80% is in the kitchen. I wish you all the best!!
  • dirtrockersgirl
    dirtrockersgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and you also. I am finding the older I get the harder it gets. Trying to get myself in the right mindset here...This makes me just want to cry.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    People are about to tell you you need to make sure you eat at a deficit. you can even over eat healthy food and gain.

also, consider shaking up your workouts. your body isn't changing because you aren't challenging it.

not sure of your stats, but hope that's helpful.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    MFP works. Log your food accurately, weigh it, log your exercise, you WILL lose weight.
  • emilyj816
    emilyj816 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey girl!!! Motivation and accountability is the hardest thing. If you are interested I run private challenge groups through facebook that help provide accountability, motivation, and support as we work to achieve our fitness/health goals. If this is something you are interested in message me and I can give you more details!!!
  • dirtrockersgirl
    Options
    I would love to be part of something like that!!
  • dirtrockersgirl
    Options
    may I get more info on your challenge groups please?
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Try adding some strength training to your cardio and mix it up a bit. If you can't get to the gym, there are great workouts available on YouTube...Jillian Michaels, HIIT, fitness blender, all sorts of fun stuff. I personally like fitness blender and Jillian Michael's 6 Weeks 6 Pack. Also make sure you are accurately logging and weighing your food. I have lost 28 pounds since January and I am stronger than I have ever been!! Add me as a friend if you would like some extra support! Best of luck!
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    same here.. feel free to send me FR.
  • Monique3677
    Options
    Hi There!
    I saw you rpost that you have some challenges on FB and I'm looking for whatever support/accountability I can find...please add!
    Thanks!
  • jsalzat
    jsalzat Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Same situation here and I've found the support on this site to be a tremendous help :smile:
    My first goal was to log on for 90 days in a row, being accountable to friends who followed my thread. I soon discovered that reaching out was the ingredient I'd been missing, and soon I started finding the motivation I needed to take the necessary actions for weight loss.
    Feel free to add me if you like
  • HikeCyclist
    HikeCyclist Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 33/F with about 18 more lbs to go, but losing slowly. Feel free to add me if you like! I don't post a lot but I lurk the boards nearly daily. Lol.
  • HBMairi
    HBMairi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Im on here most days. Early 40's and been doing MFP properly since November.