Stagnation with food

Options
Nt2Badhuh
Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
I think I'm starting to get stagnant. I eat the same things over and over again out of habit. Maybe I will start doing little food challenges like a week without something like cheese or a week without frozen dinners ( because I eat a lot of them). What do you guys think?

Replies

• CrescentCityGirl
    CrescentCityGirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, so I bought a crock pot. If you search the forums for crockpot recipes you will find a gold mine. I have set a goal to try at a very minimum one new recipe a week.
  • wickedpursuit
    wickedpursuit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Crock pot! Seriously, it's awesome - and an easy, easy way to change things up. Pot roast, stew, pulled pork, soup, chili... and that's barely scratching the surface. Search the forums or hit Google - this is one of the first links that came up when I looked for fun crock pot recipes:

http://spoonful.com/recipes/slow-cooker-recipes

Another thing you might want to try is try cuisine from other cultures - Greek, Persian, Indian... just grab one and run with it!
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Pinterest! I find tons of recipe and meal ideas on there.
  • Nt2Badhuh
    Nt2Badhuh Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will have to investigate this crock pot further. and the other food cultures things.... that's a really good idea. I just have to get over being scared. I hate wasting time, money and MY CALORIES on something and then finding out I don't like it...or worse I like it just enough to eat but dislike it enough to feel like I wasted a meal. lol I will have to just get over it because there is only so many nights I can eat a grilled chicken breast.
  • CrescentCityGirl
    CrescentCityGirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    When you read the ingredients you will know. For example we just made a meal with green and red bell peppers, onion, garlic, chicken, and tomatoes. We were pretty sure we'd like it and we did. I would just skip any recipes that have ingredients you don't like.