Are these okay to eat for breakfast?

Options
Recently I've been alternating between these breakfasts and I don't know if they are okay to eat trying to lose weight.

1) Two egg omelet with spinach and a bit of shredded skim mozarella
2) One piece of toast with 1/4 of a hass avocado and 2 turkey bacon strips
3) One packet of oatmeal with a dash of greek yogurt, strawberries and raspberries, and a bit of granola and maple syrup to sweeten

Let me know if I should change anything, stop eating anything, etc!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want. I had some bourbon for breakfast. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    They look like nice breakfast ideas to me. I presume you are weighing everything - preferably with scales in gram weights rather than teaspoons and cups, and logging everything. If so they look good starting points to me.

You might want to add a few variations after a while to stop you getting bored after a while though I say that as someone who eats practically the same breakfast everyday :laugh:
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat cookies for breakfast. You're an adult, eat what you want.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever you want. I had some bourbon for breakfast. :drinker: :bigsmile:

:laugh:

Agreed, you can eat what you like as long as it's within your calories and macros.
  • TheWeightOfFood
    TheWeightOfFood Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Weight is more to do with energy in vs. energy out than what you're putting into your body.

Obviously it is MUCH better to get your calories from wholesome foods, but so long as you're eating a balanced diet and staying within your caloric/macro range then, trigger foods aside, eat whatever you like!
  • candacesb90
    Options
    Looks like good options. Satisfying, health, filling but you need to measure the amount and put into your diary of food (you only have to measure one time, then it will be in your log of food). I like breakfast to be 20-25% of my goal calories. you can adjust for your eating habits. I like a low breakfast % so I have room for snacks later in the day. If you do this for all 3 breakfasts you'll see which one is the lowest calories and you might decide to eat it more often! If your goal is weight loss tracking calories vs. your goal is the only way to make food choices.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

I ate cookies and coffee for breakfast this morning!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

I ate cookies and coffee for breakfast this morning!

I had a coffee smoothie and half of a klondike kandy icecream bar.