Nerds Unite!

Options
Looking to add some more Nerdy people!

Write about your nerdy hobbys and lets all unite for this quest to find a healthy lifestyle and get some epic loot!

My name is Frank, but a lot of people just call me Nerd. I am a Gamer of every type. Be it Video Games, Table Top Games, or Card Games I love them all! I also run a blog www.nerdfitquest.com and a online gaming community www.thecrimsonknights.com. Right now I am trying to get into pathfinder (kind of like DnD), playing FFXIV ( The new Final Fantasy MMO), and other random games. I also play MTG. I am also a avid anime fan, have been since I was 12. I try to watch most new anime and am a big fan of old school anime. GTO is my #1 Anime of all time. This season I am really into No Game, No Life.

Feel free to add me!

Replies

• KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hi there :] My name is Abby, I'm 29 with 200 lbs to lose. I've always wanted to go to an anime convention and do some cosplaying but never have because of my weight. Really hoping that after I get close to the size I want that i'll be able to start doing that.

I've been an anime fan for 20-some years now. Eventually my love for it got me travelling to Japan and staying in Okinawa for a month with cousins. I'd love to eventually be able to go back.

I also roleplay, and write short fantasy stories. All my roleplay has been textual, dating back to the chatrooms of AOL 3.0.... to this day I still keep in touch with some of the buds I RP'd with back when I was like 10 :)
  • KierstenBoBiersten
    KierstenBoBiersten Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kiersten. 20 years old with probably around 100 to lose.

I also always wished that I could take part in cosplay but I never even considered doing it at my size.

I just discovered the world of comic books. I'm a big fan of Deadpool and newly, Wolverine.
    I love Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Sons Of Anarchy(Maybe not so nerdy), and Breaking Bad.
    I spend most of my days playing World Of Warcraft, League Of Legends, and Dawngate.
    I highly enjoy pokemon. I'm currently playing the first Darksiders game on Xbox.
    I'm more so a PC gamer though, I think.
    There's a whole lot more I could write but those are the basics of my geekiness c:
  • jenniferpark01
    jenniferpark01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my first post on Myfitnesspal. I have had an account for a long time, just never thought of posting.

I love anime too!!! I always wanted to lose a bunch of weight and cosplay as Fay Valentine from Cowboy Bebop. My husband and I used to go to Anime Expo every year in July. Haven't been since it moved to the LA convention center....

My highest weight was 378.8. I am down to 264 as of today. I still have about 100 pounds to lose.

I've decided to register for the RunDisney Star Wars 1/2 marathon in January. I am doing the Rebel Challenge, which is the 10K on Saturday, followed by the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. Why am I doing it? I want the cool star wars themed shirts and medals. I have loved the Star Wars movies most of my life.

I used to play WoW, but not anymore. The expansions were the same types of quests, just different locations. I do have my figure print on display still. My Troll was awesome!

Some of my favorite shows are Doctor Who, Walking Dead, and Big Bang Theory.
  • nerdfitquest
    nerdfitquest Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oh I love to cosplay also! I can't wait to drop more so I can do a lot more cosplay

I also am big into GoT, Stargate, Dr. Who, and Star Trek.
  • spiralmoons
    Options
    Hi there! This is my first post too! I have about 25-30 pounds to lose.
    I still play Wow, love skyrim (couldn't get into the ESO beta...), currently trying to finish Twilight Princess (hunt judge, I'm a late bloomer LOL) I am into Catan for board games right now, Love SW (that's my R2D2 hat :) )
    love Dr.Who as well... Ghost Adventures is my newest addiction for TV and I am a working professional Bassoonist. I am entering into my third year of a Performance Music degree and currently performing with the "Cut Throat Orchestra" in the musical Sweeny Todd. ... I garden and can and pickle stuff too. When I'm not making reeds, I'm crocheting.
    :)
  • spiralmoons
    Options
    OOH cosplay for me too... I have Darth vader and a steampunk pirate put together so far!
  • danicaone_101
    danicaone_101 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Danielle. I would consider myself to be a nerd (even though I try to downplay my nerdyness when I am at school). Got a bunch of weigh to lose but for now my set goal is to lose about 50 pounds. I like watching reality shows, like Keeping up with the Kardashians and Total Divas (yup my ultimate guilty pleasures) and anything interesting on the Discovery and National Geographic channel. In addition, I enjoy watching videos posted by science based channels on Youtube, favorites would have to be SciShow and vsauce. What can I say, I like learning about the world around us.
  • sandraroberts18
    Options
    Hi I am Sandra I am a book worm you will generally find me with my hands glued to a book and my eyes bloodshot and glazed over from reading for days on end. Love Com-a-Con been a few times.
    Currently my weight is 245 so I have at least 100 lbs to lose which is complicated by no thyroid and the fact I had my back broken and use a wheel chair so exercise is a bit complicated
    I just turned 58 two weeks ago. Any one who can tell me some ways of exercise I can do I would appreciate it
  • sandraroberts18
    Options
    Danielle Embrace your inner Nerd since Big Bang Theory came out on tv Nerd is sexy :bigsmile:
  • Ktanaqui
    Ktanaqui Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Would you, by chance, happen to play Star Trek Online? I'm a fairly avid player of that, as well as MTG, AoE3, and quite a number of others. Mostly RTS, though. RTS and RPG tend to be my strong points, although I'm quite a sucker for puzzles, too. Love my Xbox, with Battlefield 4, Dark Souls, and all the other games there too... And can't forget my beloved Pokemon :) Games created my life (literally) and there's no way that I'm ever going to get out of them, either. :)
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I just spent the last 4+ hours on Amazon shopping for steampunk items so that might put me in the nerd category. I've been wanting to put an outfit together for awhile but I'm quite the perfectionist so it's been slow going. I have a couple random pieces but I think I will be hand making some of the rest. Not much of a gamer anymore but grew up on Atari and NES.
  • charlierobyn
    charlierobyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm charlie. Been dieting since I was about 14 but never managed to keep the weight off. So far I have lost 35 pound with about 35 more to go! I recently went to america for ten days and had a bit of a slip up and gained 5 pounds! Hoping to loose lots more by summer and be fit and healthy! In terms of nerdy things, I am vide president of my universities geek society, I love comics, films and tv. I would game but as a trainee nurse I have no time or money to! I do do RPG and table top games though! Would love to be thin enough to cosplay in a way that I feel comfortable.
  • kaniob
    kaniob Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Kara!

This is my first post on MFP! I've been in rural Zambia since January 2012 (with the Peace Corps) and just moved to town where i have internet! I'm trying to lose 40-50 pounds to get back to a healthy weight. I've never really dieted before, because I exercised enough to stay where I wanted. Then I joined PC, and couldn't swim anywhere because there are crocs in the water and no pools. Biking around the village wasn't really enough either, since I didn't have time for a lot. So...I've started running with C25K and using MFP to get myself back in shape.

I enjoy video games, though I'm a bit out of the loop. Never really got into online gaming, though I tried out WoW for a while and thought it was fun. I LOVE DnD. I like that's it's so social, with the potential for lots of creativity of the group and individuals. So fun. Settlers of Catan is a big favorite among the volunteers here. Dr. Who and Big Bang Theory are two of my favs in the TV category, and I'm kind of a Disney freak. I love books the most... Tolkein, Sanderson, Goodkind, Eddings, Martin, Asimov, Gaiman, Brooks, Weeks.... and so many more. <3
  • christacb
    christacb Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My idea of a perfect Saturday night is watching a meteor shower or getting my telescope out and just viewing the night sky. I also enjoy identifying native and invasive plant species. I am an amateur, but really good nature photographer. I like going out in the middle of nowhere, by myself, and taking pictures. I have to be alone though, so I can get in the zone. My favorite t.v. shows are all science fiction or fantasy. I know very few people in real life that share my interests so I definitely feel like a nerd.

So far I have lost 16.5 pounds and I have 43 more that I need to lose.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hey nerds!

My name is Shannon and I have and always will be a nerd. I've got about 110 pounds to lose. I love video games, especially of the RPG or MMORPG vein (any FFXIV people in here? ;D) What server are you on, OP? I was on Hyperion but haven't had time to play too much since I started a new job, but I'm going to be making my grand reentry in a few weeks, I think. :3

An ex, who remains a good friend, very recently started attempting to pull me into anime and manga, and I'm liking it so far. Haven't tried too much, so I'm still out on what's my favorite, though I had a deep and passionate love affair with Sword Art Online while I was watching.

One of my personal goals after weight loss is to rock a banging costume at a Renaissance Fair or Cosplay.

Anybody is free to add me! I love nerd friends!
  • Matrix_Dragon
    Matrix_Dragon Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey nerds!

My name is Tim. 28 with about 30-50 left to lose to get into my ideal weight range.

Been to Anime North 6 times in a row. This year had to break the streak due to recovering from a damaged ankle. Which is why I need to now lose this weight.

Huge nerd. I have many nicknames including. DarthTim. DovahTim etc. Ironic when you consider these were given to me by teachers...

Huge fan of anime/video games/ Star Wars/ LotR etc.

Currently replaying through the Witcher 2 ( Very fun game ) anxiously waiting for E3 to find out more on Witcher 3, Battlefront Cyberpunk 2077, Dragon Age Inquisition.

Add me up if you want motivation or want to talk about anything to do with video games/anime/Star Wars/LotR/Comics/MtG etc

Cheers!
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Write about your nerdy hobbys and lets all unite for this quest to find a healthy lifestyle and get some epic loot!

My name is Frank, but a lot of people just call me Nerd. I am a Gamer of every type. Be it Video Games, Table Top Games, or Card Games I love them all! I also run a blog www.nerdfitquest.com and a online gaming community www.thecrimsonknights.com. Right now I am trying to get into pathfinder (kind of like DnD), playing FFXIV ( The new Final Fantasy MMO), and other random games. I also play MTG. I am also a avid anime fan, have been since I was 12. I try to watch most new anime and am a big fan of old school anime. GTO is my #1 Anime of all time. This season I am really into No Game, No Life.

Feel free to add me!

FFXIV! What server do you play on?
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Feel free to add me!

:O!?! Are you FFXIV as well? What server!
  • korymaeris
    korymaeris Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been on here a while and haven't thought to introduce myself anywhere. They say you reach your goals better in numbers, so here's hoping I can make some new friends.

I'm Jen, and a fan of video games, anime, Vocaloid, but most importantly - history and ancient literature. I'm also a History and Humanities major who's planning on going to grad school next year for a History PhD in either the Ancient Mediterranean or Middle Eastern/Islamic Studies. I really want to do both, but I'm not sure if it's realistically possible. That's pretty nerdy, right? ;)

I'm also "mildly" obsessed with Pokemon and Rune Factory. Recently I've been looking into starting MtG again, but it's been 13 years so it's a bit of a relearning experience for me. I really want to go to ComicCon this year, but I find it hard to cosplay confidently overweight, so I probably won't. Oh, I suppose I've got about 70 pounds to lose before I start "fine-tuning."

Right now, I've started Minecraft again (dangerous, I know), and have been plugging away at summer research on the veil in Egypt. Anyway, nice to meet you all!
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Options

Feel free to add me!

:O!?! Are you FFXIV as well? What server!

Ragnarok legacy, probably. I was an endgame mithra corsair on FFXI and interpreted between German, Japanese, and English for my linkshell members. I tried starting up on FFXIV several times but the updates kept changing things, I couldn't get into it. Then I fell on hard times financially. I'm going to start up again now that it's pretty stable, and I'm likely going to be Miqo'te male pugilist. The server choice is because my brother and I have always been on the same servers. He and I were a dynamic duo on ffxi.