Why is there no calorie burn with normal squats?

Options
I was just going to do some squats, I already did my workout this morning but they don't come up with any number for calories burnt. :/ why is this? I definately feel them and am breathing hard when I get to 50, I am not using any weights( i don't have any) but i did the squat challenge recently and thought i was burning something. What's going on?

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    when you enter exercise in the strength training section it doesn't calculate calories burned - enter it in the cardio section
  • Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    when you enter exercise in the strength training section it doesn't calculate calories burned - enter it in the cardio section

Hi I just tried that but it says no match found I went through the list in case its under another name but found nothing.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

Hi I just tried that but it says no match found I went through the list in case its under another name but found nothing.

I would use aerobic general for the amount of time it took you to do the 50 squats - there is a squat entry but yes you are right it doesn't give you a calorie burn estimate - so if it took you 15 minutes enter 15 minutes of aerobic, general
  • Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Thanks knra girl, you are a star and very helpful.x
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just started again, the 100 squats app that works you up to be able to 100 in a row. In the app I've only done 4 at the most in a set for a total of 10 in the whole trainng session - but can do more than that both weighted and not. Just wanted to add a new exercise that is quick, burns a few more calories, and challenge myself to do a ton.

When the app is linked to mfp, it records it as calastentics.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    The strength training section of the exercise log is not for calculating calorie burns. It is solely for tracking your progress with weighted strength exercises. For calorie burns you must calculate it under the cardio section. All bodyweight exercises fall under the "calisthenics" entry, but depending on the muscles worked by the specific exercises you did as well as how difficult it was for you to do them the estimates given by MFP can be way off.
  • ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options

Enter it under calisthenics. That includes squats, push ups, etc.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Squats are only a figure of your imagination
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I usually just put 4 cals per minute for squats and other weightlifting moves..