Nerds Unite!

Options

Replies

• Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Looking to add some more Nerdy people!

Write about your nerdy hobbys and lets all unite for this quest to find a healthy lifestyle and get some epic loot!

My name is Frank, but a lot of people just call me Nerd. I am a Gamer of every type. Be it Video Games, Table Top Games, or Card Games I love them all! I also run a blog www.nerdfitquest.com and a online gaming community www.thecrimsonknights.com. Right now I am trying to get into pathfinder (kind of like DnD), playing FFXIV ( The new Final Fantasy MMO), and other random games. I also play MTG. I am also a avid anime fan, have been since I was 12. I try to watch most new anime and am a big fan of old school anime. GTO is my #1 Anime of all time. This season I am really into No Game, No Life.

Feel free to add me!

FFXIV! What server do you play on?

:O!?! Are you FFXIV as well? What server!

Ragnarok legacy, probably. I was an endgame mithra corsair on FFXI and interpreted between German, Japanese, and English for my linkshell members. I tried starting up on FFXIV several times but the updates kept changing things, I couldn't get into it. Then I fell on hard times financially. I'm going to start up again now that it's pretty stable, and I'm likely going to be Miqo'te male pugilist. The server choice is because my brother and I have always been on the same servers. He and I were a dynamic duo on ffxi.

There were a lot of changes recently that sort of forced me out as well, but I am looking to go back now. I, too, was on FFXI (Fenrir server, endgame Bard). I'm on Hyperion on FFXIV, but I was not legacy. I just joined to meet up with some XI linkshell pals I had.

I hope you enjoy it!
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Some gaming (Final Fantasy, Chrono Cross/Trigger, Mass Effect, Bravely Default, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts, etc..), mostly fallen off anime but I still love Miyazaki films and a few nostalgic ones, LOVE sci-fi, convention go-er (I met Jessica Nigri at Emerald City ComicCon ;D), drawer of fanart and nerdy things (I sold my soul for a full set of Copic sketch markers $_$). On a different level, I love Classical music, ambient music, etc. It's a struggle to stay fit when I am 100% fine sitting in my house all day reading/writing/drawing/Netflixing/playing video games/drinking tea.....but I force myself most of the time! Oh yeah, actually when I first lost weight, I did it mostly through walking and Dance Dance Revolution since I had my own dance pad.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Any room on this thread for old nerds? I grew up during the Lost in Space, Star Trek TOS, Johnny Quest and Twilight Zone era so I would completely understand if you need to port me over to a geriatric thread.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    We're already friends :)
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Oh I love to cosplay also! I can't wait to drop more so I can do a lot more cosplay

I also am big into GoT, Stargate, Dr. Who, and Star Trek.

Well I was gonna be your friend but you didn't mention BSG so I'm just not sure we would get along :smile:
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm Mandi, and I'm a nerd, too. (Why does this feel like a Nerds Anon meeting? Hahaha.)

I used to play WoW, but I've gotten away from it because a. too many changes to the classes, and b. I have children now, and can't spend as much time on it. Years and years ago, I even did LARP :embarassed:.

I also love some good geek media - Star Trek, GoT, Marvel stuffs, and Firefly. I'm also a diehard Harry Potter fan, which sort of counts, right?

ETA - I've finished a complete fantasy manuscript (once it's published, I'll feel comfortable calling it a novel) and I'm working on a science fiction manuscript.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Any room on this thread for old nerds? I grew up during the Lost in Space, Star Trek TOS, Johnny Quest and Twilight Zone era so I would completely understand if you need to port me over to a geriatric thread.
    Annd friend request sent!
  • Nessie112
    Nessie112 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow nerds!
    My name's Emily, I have roughly 50-60lbs to lose. I love video games, especially Legend of Zelda! I really want to cosplay as Sheik one day once I lose some more weight. I used to play dungeons and dragons with my friends but the group kind of fell apart after they all started getting girlfriends xD My favourite computer game is Diablo II. This year I coslayed as Skull Kid from Majora's Mask. I even made the mask :)
  • Dragonslayer183
    Dragonslayer183 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I love anything Nintendo and I'm currently obsessed with Bleath and Death Note. Anyone can add me if you want!
  • KameHameHaaa
    KameHameHaaa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Makes me happy to see so many nerds on here xD Doesn't matter if your preference is video games, anime, RP, or Star Trek. You are all awesome <3
  • Ktanaqui
    Ktanaqui Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Definitely seeing a *lot* of Star Trek and Pokemon mentioned. It's quite amusing - and I'm loving seeing this come together so quickly. I would have never thought there'd be so many people here like this. It's awesome <3
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to see FFXIV reference that I forgot to mention my own love for all things literature. LotR (my dog is named after King Brego of Rohan!), GoT, Harry Potter are a few that hold a dear place in my heart and I have to confess to recently jumping on the John Green bandwagon, though I am still exploring his stuff.

As for TV, Dr. Who and Firefly are on my "to watch" list, once I get through the rest of True Blood (season 7 SOON!) and Dollhouse (I'm a Whedon addict, I cannot help it).

So glad to see so many people replying already :)
  • laura3773
    laura3773 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Laura, and I'd say I'm kind of nerd-lite. I'm a HUGE Whovian and love Game of Thrones (read all 5 of the books in about a month after watching the first few episodes). Big Harry Potter and Disney fan, and I read all the time. The little cutie in my picture is Amelia, and she *might* be named after Amelia Pond.

I'm not much of a gamer - don't have the hand eye coordination to play video games - and I don't have enough nerdy friends nearby to really play any of the tabletop games, but I love watching Wil Wheaton play games and own a sizable collection of them.

My husband and most of my good friends are much nerdier than me - my sister met her husband playing Dungeons and Dragons, and my best friend does an online comic book show on Monday nights & attends cons all the time and does cosplay. I could easily go down the wormhole if I had a little more time between working and having two dogs and a toddler.
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I guess I'd call myself a nerd on hiatus. I love scifi, particularly Star Trek & Star Wars, love Anime, love to cosplay, played WOW religiously, read LOTR dozens of times back when most people had not heard of it. But this has all been put on pause since my two sons arrived, so it's been quite a while since I could indulge myself in any of these. As they get older, I hope to start getting back into it and introducing them to it as well.
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I cannot get enough man vs. machine sci-fi and I run a computer salvage business when I am not acting as a support engineer for a popular software company. Generally, though, all things science will get me excited. I do own and use frequently a micrometer and a multimeter partially because the level of precision enabled with them is fun.
  • Maayousef
    Maayousef Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

Im maa

28 yo
  • jenniferpark01
    jenniferpark01 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Twilight Zone is still a great show!
  • catrockst3ady
    catrockst3ady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Francesca!

'Gamer', anime/ manga, and Marvel, with hopes of cosplaying and larping when I lose my goal of 20-30 pounds.
    My favorite games are Metroid, Legend of Zelda, WoW, Skyrim, Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts.
    Anime/ Manga: FMA Brotherhood, Deathnote, Rouroni Kenshin, Beyond the Boundary, Miyazaki, Sailor Moon, Shingeki no Kiojin (only the manga, fck the anime)... the list goes on >.<
    I also /love/ Norse and Celtic mythology, runes, paganism, Vikings and really anything to do with those cultures.

On another level, I'm a metal nerd and if anyone ever wants to talk music with me, pls gopher it (ノ・ω・)ノ*・゚☆*・゚
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm huge into GoT, Dr. Who, and BtVS.

Who else is stoked for the GoT episode tonight?

I have about 15-20lbs left to lose.
  • JessaAnn407
    JessaAnn407 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It's like I'm home! I will be adding each and everyone of you! Going through your guys posts and I'm sitting here shaking my head nodding to everything because I relate and also enjoy the same things!

I finally embraced my nerd side a few years ago. I kept it hidden, a whole shelves of Mangas, animes, and comic books only came out at night when every one else was asleep. But slowly, started to embrace it and wear it with pride. I am also a Whovian, big time.

One of my major reasons for amping out my workout again, is to go to ComiCon, and go as Harley Quinn. My boyfriend has given me the green light of an all expense paid trip to it, once I get down to my goal weight. I still need to loose 60 more pounds for that, but slowly I will get down to that goal!

Feel free to add me guys! I am so glad I found this thread!