p90x Lean

Options
Good morning everyone! I realize this isn't a success story...but it's a question about success, so that might count? Oh well. I was curious about who has tried p90x Lean and what they thought/if they had results. Also, can I do p90x without the pull up bar? I can't install it in my apartment.

Replies

• skinnyclothes
    Options
    I'm curious to see the comments you get. I have it but have not started I feel I need to work out to get my body to the point of handling it lol. It seems pretty intense. I do have some friends that did it and preach hard about how well it works. Good luck.
  • lillydlc
    lillydlc Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    I also have this problem, so I'll be interested in any responses you get!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    never heard anything bad about it, but have always heard good things.

I just started ChaLEAN Extreme (from same maker as P90). She is intense as well, it is mostly strength training, intense strength training and it is a 90-day routine to build muscle and become lean so I can burn more calories all day long.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    The pull up bar just fits over a doorway...it doesn't actually get "installed" in a permanent sense. I take my down and put it in the corner after I'm finished with it. But yes, you can do it without a bar. Just get bands instead. Get multiple strengths of bands...not the flat sheet type ones, but the actual cord looking ones. (those are my technical words :)

Good luck!!! I just finished week 2 of the normal P90x (again).
  • JLeeAlton
    JLeeAlton Posts: 311
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/142533-before-320-now-145

You can use resistance bands instead of a pull up bar. That is what I do.

Lots of people on this site has transformed amazingly with P90X
  • Keisha604
    Keisha604 Posts: 126
    Options

This is great! Thanks! =) Now I just need to buy some bands and get to work.
  • Keisha604
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/142533-before-320-now-145

You can use resistance bands instead of a pull up bar. That is what I do.

Lots of people on this site has transformed amazingly with P90X

This is such an amazing transformation! I really can't wait to have a before and after pic
  • lizziefood
    lizziefood Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just Finished p90x classic, and I couldnt install the pull-up bar in my appartment either, they sell workout bands that can be fastened into the top of a door and you sit on the floor and do the pullups with the bands which the programs always shows to you as an option. Good luck this program really is great hope you do well!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    My daughters did Power 90 over the summer. My oldest went from a size 9 to a size 7. Glad they stayed active.
  • TeeTee11
    Options
    Hey, where can I get these bands that you are talking about? What sizes?
  • Keisha604
    Options

i'm not sure...but i think i'm going to try target. i've come to find that target and walmart have almost everything i ever want/need. lol
  • TeeTee11
    Options

i'm not sure...but i think i'm going to try target. i've come to find that target and walmart have almost everything i ever want/need. lol

yeah they do have them, there are just different sizes and I dont know what's what. ;)
  • feliciabourgeois
    Options
    Im currently doing the P90X, just finished week 3, i feel a difference and a little change as well. The first two weeks i lost 5 1/2inches as well as 5lbs...doing measurements this saturday, hopefully there will be more changes...i have been also doing 1hr of cardio 6days a week(i think that helped as well)....going to see if theres a big change after the next 4 weeks......but i definitely feel the toning all over! My fiance uses a chin up bar, i try it a little, but i just use the free weights when they do chin ups, its not the same but i m still working......we jjust have a chin up bar that is in the door way, you dont have to install it and it doesnt ruin anything! hope this helps
  • NicholasMongold
    Options
    I love p90x i did it 3 times and now im doing p90x plus ;)
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I don't have a particular 'success story' you were looking for....(yet, but hopefully)....however, I am doing the P90X Lean program.

I'm in week 3 and have already noticed differences in my body in regards to definition, strength, and endurance. I haven't updated my measurements yet, waiting to do that when I start Phase 2, but so far, I am pleased with the changes I have noticed. (Oh...and I have heard MANY people say that the most noticeable changes don't really show up until about the last month of the program)

On a side note: I bought the pull up bar that just fits in the doorway at Wal-Mart for $19, you can put it up & take it down whenever you want and it works great. Also, for me, I find actual hand-held weights more effective than the resistance bands for all the other exercises. I hope you find what works for you...and good luck with the program, I'm sure you'll love it! :)
  • MColvin01
    Options
    I don't have a success story yet, but I'm working on it! I have been doing the p90x lean now and am almost done with the first week. It's tough but such an awesome feeling when you are done. I can definitely tell a difference with my stamina and my breathing. Not only that but I've lost inches in my waist, which is huge for me! I am not yet to the point where I can do a chin up so I use the bands, my husband uses the bar. Just like others have said, it fits perfectly in your doorway. Go for it and good luck!!
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I started p90x lean in September 2010, and I love it! I did the first two months straight thru, but got lazy the last month (Thanksgiving/Christmas). Right now I'm in phase 1 recovery, and I'm shocked at the results. Granted, I've only lost 8 lbs in 4 months, but I've lost about 6 overall inches so I'm amped at that. It'll probably be p180x by the time I reach my final goal, but whatever... I feel great and I can do almost all the workouts.

The pull up bar I use has a metal "clamp" about an inch wide that slides behind the trim of my doorway, so you can't even see the "gap" it leaves behind, unless you're 9 feet tall with a magnifying glass.
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I don't have a particular 'success story' you were looking for....(yet, but hopefully)....however, I am doing the P90X Lean program.

I'm in week 3 and have already noticed differences in my body in regards to definition, strength, and endurance. I haven't updated my measurements yet, waiting to do that when I start Phase 2, but so far, I am pleased with the changes I have noticed. (Oh...and I have heard MANY people say that the most noticeable changes don't really show up until about the last month of the program)

On a side note: I bought the pull up bar that just fits in the doorway at Wal-Mart for $19, you can put it up & take it down whenever you want and it works great. Also, for me, I find actual hand-held weights more effective than the resistance bands for all the other exercises. I hope you find what works for you...and good luck with the program, I'm sure you'll love it! :)

You're right... I didn't notice the changes until the 3rd month. Funny how that happened. It's like I went to bed, woke up and was like "holy crap!!"
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    The pull up bar just fits over a doorway...it doesn't actually get "installed" in a permanent sense. I take my down and put it in the corner after I'm finished with it. But yes, you can do it without a bar. Just get bands instead. Get multiple strengths of bands...not the flat sheet type ones, but the actual cord looking ones. (those are my technical words :)

Good luck!!! I just finished week 2 of the normal P90x (again).

How can you use the bands instead of the pull up bar? I mean I see how they do it on the video but I don't have anywhere to "hang" them.
    I am also on week 3 and am starting to see some definition in my abs (barely but i am very proud of it! i posted a pic on my profile) and also i think my inner thigh are touching less but that could just be my imagination.. :P
    Also- P90X is "extreme" but u can go at ur own pace I only do half of each video except cardio X and ab ripper X those r my favorite workouts! but if u start it and are overwhelmed (i literally cried the first day 10 mins into core synergystics which is still my least favorite video) then take it easy and maybe during phase 2 step it up a bit. Hope this has helped, Good luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!