Fish recipes?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
I want to eat more fish, but we're pretty boring when it comes to cooking it. I found a good way of cooking cod (I just use egg whites and panko crumbs and bake), but I'd like something simpler... Unfortunately the only common/not overpriced fish I've found lately are cod, salmon, tilapia and flounder, and our attempts at making the last two have always failed... it was just totally bland, or the texture was awful or something..

I'm not a fancy cook though, it has to be easy... and preferably not fried, lol.

Replies

• naz1234
    naz1234 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Salmon baked in a foil parcel is great as a supper dish. I marinade the fish with garlic, chilli, soysauce. Then put into a parcel and seal sides. Bake for about 20 minutes. On a low carb day, i serve with salad. Also nice served on top of hot pasta that has had a spoonful of low fat cream cheese melted into it and lightly sauteed mushrooms.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    On most fish I use garlic powder, lemon juice, sometimes lime juice or white wine and you can also use just a tiny bit of olive oil to coat with a brush before you spice, then just broil or grill.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Salmon baked in a foil parcel is great as a supper dish. I marinade the fish with garlic, chilli, soysauce. Then put into a parcel and seal sides. Bake for about 20 minutes. On a low carb day, i serve with salad. Also nice served on top of hot pasta that has had a spoonful of low fat cream cheese melted into it and lightly sauteed mushrooms.

Omg, I am soooo making this!!!
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome recipe that's super easy. My husband hates fish and even he eats it.
    Parmesan crusted tilapia
    3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan
    2 tsp paprika
    Dash salt
    Tbs olive oil
    1 pound tilapia

Mix cheese, salt and paprika in a bowl. Rub the fish with oil. Place fish in cheese mix and coat. Place on baking sheet and bake at 400 for 12 minutes. It's delicious!
  • cheesevixen_staci
    cheesevixen_staci Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    TONY CHACHERE'S BAKED TILAPIA: This is by far the easiest recipe, and it's quicker than chicken.

Ingredients:
    Butter (room temp)
    Tilapia (frozen)
    Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning

1 Defrost the tilapia by putting it in warm water for about 15 minutes.
    2 Get a baking sheet and aluminum foil (non-stick), and cover the bottom of the baking sheet with the aluminum foil (non-stick).
    3 Pre-heat over to 375
    4 Place the thawed tilapia on the foil and rub with a little butter (I leave my butter out so it is softer when I rub it on the fish. It's much easier to spread that way)
    5 Sprinkle the Tonys (creole seasoning) on the tilapia. *Tony's can be strong so start with a light dusting on each or only one side, and strengthen it to taste as you go on.
    6 Bake for 13-15 minutes, and voila !

I love this recipe because you don't need many ingredients, and it can be ready in 30 minutes. I like to pair it with white rice , and green beans. Makes a perfect lunch. Me and my girlfriends love it.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=670682

"Lemony-Garlicy-Cheesey Tiliapia"...This is one of my absolute favorites and it works with any white fish as well as salmon.

Lemony-Garlicy-Cheesey Tilapia
    Submitted by: CHRISSIET01

Introduction
    Lemon-Garlic-Parmesan Cheese!-A little bit of my favorite fish ingredients all in one dish!
    Minutes to Prepare: 5
    Minutes to Cook: 10
    Number of Servings: 5

Ingredients

Cooking spray
    5 Tilapia fillets
    1/4 cp. Lemon Juice
    2 Tbsp. I can't believe it's not butter light, melted
    1 Tbsp minced Garlic
    1 tsp. Worchestershire Sauce
    1/8 tsp. ground red pepper (or more to taste)
    2 tbsp. Parsley
    1/4 cp. Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions
    Arrange Tilapia in bottom of baking dish coated with cooking spray. (SIngle layered)
    In seperate bowl; combine lemon juice, butter, garlic, worchestershire sauce, and red pepper. Pour over Tilapia.
    Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
    Bake at 425 F for approximately 10 minutes or until tilapia is done. Sprinkle parsley over tilapia and serve.
    *I serve this over brown rice.

Number of Servings: 5

It is also entered in the MFP database for calorie count.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Bump

I don't like pinterest but I guess I could check it... just annoying to have to pin things before you can look at them.
  • zoe2434
    zoe2434 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Penzey's Spices (look them up online) has a great seasoning that we use all the time for fish and chicken. Look up Ruth Ann's Muskego Ave Seasoning.
  • Rocky791
    Rocky791 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I buy a raspberry chipotle marinade at Whole Foods that I use on salmon. I pour it over the salmon, which is placed on a piece of foil on a cookie sheet then bake it at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. I serve it with fresh raspberries, asparagus, and baked sweet potatoes or those microwaveable mini potatoes from Trader Joe's - yum!

I just bought some cod and am looking for a recipe to make that tomorrow night.
  • Yoshirio
    Yoshirio Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I usually just cook tilapia in lemonpepper seasoning and butter.Tastes good to me.:p