omgtry3
omgtry3 Posts: 76
1/4 CUP OF BUTTER
2 TBSP OF FINELY CHOPPD JALAPENO
1 CLOVE GARLIC
2 CANS CREAMED CORN 14OZS EACH UNDRAINED
1 CUP OF WATER
1 TBSP OF CRUMBLED CHICKEN FLAVORED BOUILLON
MELT BUTTER IN SAUCE PAN OVER MED HEAT AND COOK JALAPENO WITH GARLIC STIRRING ABOUT 1 MIN STIR IN REMAINING INGREDIENTS AND COOK FOR ABOUT 5 MINS ENJOY

http://www.countrycrock.com/

Replies

• Marshy2194
    Options
    hey,
    do you have the calories for this/ nutritional data ?

thanks
    xx
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    hey,
    do you have the calories for this/ nutritional data ?

thanks
    xx

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
    Peppers - Jalapeno, raw, 1 pepper 4 1 0 0 0 0
    Knorr's - Chicken Bullion Cube, 1/2 cube w/ 1 cup water 10 0 1 0 620 0
    Water - Water, 8 oz. 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Butter - Salted, 4 tbsp 407 0 46 0 327 0
    Great Value - Cream Style Sweet Corn 14.75 oz (Corrected 11/14/13), 2 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 420 98 0 14 2,520 14
    Add Ingredient
    Total Cal 841. Carbs99. Fat47. Protein 14. Sodium 3467. Fiber 14

This is for Entire recipe..
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Does anyone else see a theme here????? Every time this man posts something , he has to discredit him. Only one question.. Why don't you EVER do that to other OP when you feel in your infinite wisdom that they are doing the same thing???. Oh, hmmm that's right you would rather challenge a man in a wheelchair over a recipe.
  • Acg67
    Options
    Does anyone else see a theme here????? Every time this man posts something , he has to discredit him. Only one question.. Why don't you EVER do that to other OP when you feel in your infinite wisdom that they are doing the same thing???. Oh, hmmm that's right you would rather challenge a man in a wheelchair over a recipe. Guess you are the *kitten* here huh..

I have indeed pointed out when others have done it in the past. And what does being in a wheelchair have anything to do with plagiarism and spam? Oh that's right that exempts him from common courtesy to the actual authors, copyright law and creative Commons licenses. How could I ever forget that? And weird you have no issues whatsoever attacking me, for posting the actual recipe but not attacking the person who is stealing and spamming recipes? Childish name calling and personal attacks? Thank you it highlights the strength of your argument or lack thereof and your relative intelligence to construct a valid arguement
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Probably the vast majority of people have no idea what there doing posting someone's recipe on here(MFP); see the thread I attached and tell me if anyone cares. Most folks just want the recipe; link attached.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/876029-a-list-of-recipes-i-thought-i-d-share?page=6

And, go. . . . .
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Does anyone else see a theme here????? Every time this man posts something , he has to discredit him. Only one question.. Why don't you EVER do that to other OP when you feel in your infinite wisdom that they are doing the same thing???. Oh, hmmm that's right you would rather challenge a man in a wheelchair over a recipe. Guess you are the *kitten* here huh..

I have indeed pointed out when others have done it in the past. And what does being in a wheelchair have anything to do with plagiarism and spam? Oh that's right that exempts him from common courtesy to the actual authors, copyright law and creative Commons licenses. How could I ever forget that? And weird you have no issues whatsoever attacking me, for posting the actual recipe but not attacking the person who is stealing and spamming recipes? Childish name calling and personal attacks? Thank you it highlights the strength of your argument or lack thereof and your relative intelligence to construct a valid arguement

So funny, I bet I have more degrees than you do. That doesn't make me a better person for it. What is about me is I know how to treat people and the value of kindness. Go do whatever you do and let us enjoy this board. Why are your posts all over this board so condescending??? Yup, I got it. You never are the original OP, but always there to criticize . Just a angry little man.. Who cares..
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Probably the vast majority of people have no idea what there doing posting someone's recipe on here(MFP); see the thread I attached and tell me if anyone cares. Most folks just want the recipe; link attached.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/876029-a-list-of-recipes-i-thought-i-d-share?page=6

And, go. . . . .
    Thanks , well said
  • Acg67
    Options

So funny, I bet I have more degrees than you do. That doesn't make me a better person for it. What is about me is I know how to treat people and the value of kindness. Go do whatever you do and let us enjoy this board. Why are your posts all over this board so condescending??? Yup, I got it. You never are the original OP, but always there to criticize . Just a angry little man.. Who cares..

You may very well have more pieces of paper than I and your excellent use of ad homienms shows they were deserved, too bad your critism lacks actual substance. Where did you get I was condescending to the Op by posting the actual link to the recipe he ripped off? And why did that deserve being personally attacked by you, once again? I don't see you playing armchair psychologist with anyone else. So personal attacks are a form of treating people with kindness? I shall get on that right away. Right I've never authored a single post, only chimed in to criticize, perhaps you should not throw baseless accusations around maybe want to do a little more research? And of the posts I criticize, why do I do so and do I perhaps ever back that up with actual factual information? Maybe it's that you beleive no one ever should be corrected regardless of how incorrect they are, much like you apparently believe being in a wheelchair exempts one from all forms of law, rules and common courtesy?
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

And, go. . . . .
    Thanks , well said

Honestly, I recognize the policy and someone's point of view. I also see where people will post something trying to be helpful ie a recipe / / and not give much or any thought to the author and the time they spent working on it. It happens with greater frequency in the nutrition thread where someone acts like a scientific opinion is their own, when in fact they just grabbed it from another site. Cheers folks, it is the internet.
  • Mygsds
    Options

You may very well have more pieces of paper than I and your excellent use of ad homienms shows they were deserved, too bad your critism lacks actual substance. Where did you get I was condescending to the Op by posting the actual link to the recipe he ripped off? And why did that deserve being personally attacked by you, once again? I don't see you playing armchair psychologist with anyone else. So personal attacks are a form of treating people with kindness? I shall get on that right away. Right I've never authored a single post, only chimed in to criticize, perhaps you should not throw baseless accusations around maybe want to do a little more research? And of the posts I criticize, why do I do so and do I perhaps ever back that up with actual factual information? Maybe it's that you beleive no one ever should be corrected regardless of how incorrect they are, much like you apparently believe being in a wheelchair exempts one from all forms of law, rules and common courtesy?
    How funny... Always the victim aren't you... Read what others are posting here before you get your panties in a bunch. Does it really matter .. It's a recipe
  • Acg67
    Options

How funny... Always the victim aren't you... Read what others are posting here before you get your panties in a bunch. Does it really matter .. It's a recipe

I agree, I wonder why anyone even bothers getting their stuff copyrighted or writing out a whole terms of use on their websites when no one at all cares esp the owners of said material. How silly of me to forget that. I wonder why on recipe forums and the such that people get kicked off of them for not attributing recipes? Or why authors send takedown notices to blogs and forums who steal their recipes? It must be because no one cares, they're just recipes
  • Mygsds
    Options

I agree, I wonder why anyone even bothers getting their stuff copyrighted or writing out a whole terms of use on their websites when no one at all cares esp the owners of said material. How silly of me to forget that. I wonder why on recipe forums and the such that people get kicked off of them for not attributing recipes? Or why authors send takedown notices to blogs and forums who steal their recipes? It must be because no one cares, they're just recipes
    There you go. Wow, glad we got that understood, finally.. Have a great night:drinker:
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

The OP gave the link too the website they used...

Here is exact link for you:

http://www.countrycrock.com/recipes/detail/11159/1/jalapeno-corn-soup
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options

In fairness to Acg, I edited in there for the OP to keep in line with TOS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Your shepards are gorgeous. And i agree, ive almost stopped even reading posts because of the strange way they detoriate into pissing contest and forget the whole oposting.
  • _Terrapin_
    Options

In fairness to Acg, I edited in there for the OP to keep in line with TOS.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

To be honest, this same thread played out was last week also. I would think the OP simply figured out adding the link was fair to the author of the recipe. My point was and is, most people on here just post a recipe with no thought of the author. I do not believe they have any intent to take credit for the work, but, after someone has been reminded of the policy more then once I would think they'd post the link themselves.