I need more friends on my fitness journey! :)

Options
Hello my name is April, and I am 25 years old. I have am in college currently working towards my RN, I have two children, and a wonderful husband who is a soldier in the US Army. I have struggled with weight for the majority of my life, and this is in part due to having hashimotos hypothyroiditis and polycycstic ovarian syndrome. I also have to take cholesterol medicine, but am happy to report that as of my last blood tests my cholesterol levels are FINALLY in normal ranges for the first time in over 4 years!!!! :D

I am not necessarily new to myfitnesspal however I have never introduced myself, and I would love to make some new friends on here. I currently restarted my journey on March 18th this year. I started at 222 lbs and I am happy to say that I am now at 185.2! I still have the goal of losing 55 more pounds, and I am really hoping I can do it before my husband comes home from his deployment to Afghanistan so I can surprise him!! :)

I feel so much more healthy and happy already but I know that I need more support to reach my goal, and would love to have it from those of you who are also working towards a goal, whether that be a couple hundred lbs or even just 20! Please add me to your friends list so that I can offer you additional support, and I would love to have some additional support as well. Plus it would be great to have some people who might want to share their diet and exercise tips with me! :)

Replies

• groomsmom822
    Options
    Hey April! I just accepted your request. Congrats on your weight loss so far. You're doing a great job! I have PCOS as well. I know how hard that makes things. You're doing the right thing by getting healthy. That is one of the best ways to control it. The side effects including weight gain, can really be a downer :( Best of luck! You got this !!
  • staceysmyname
    staceysmyname Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi April!! I am looking for some friends for support as well. I will send you a friend request. I too was up at 230 about 10 years ago when I was 25. I lost weight to get health before having kids. I went down to 160 and it feels great!! But I am now back to 183 or so and want to lose the same as you. I have had a hard time starting.

I know we can reach our goals to get healthy ..... and what an amazing surprise for you hubby. :-)

Stacey
  • marykator
    marykator Posts: 20
    Options
    HI! Feel free to add... I keep my diary open and am on here often:)
  • courtney123180
    courtney123180 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    i just graduated with my BSN, about to take the NCLEX :ohwell: add me if you like :smile:
  • 123tryingtobeme
    Options
    Add mw ^^ I m pretty much alone here
  • aknight1207
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has responded!!
    123tryingtobe: I can offer you some support too so you're definitely not alone! :)
    Courtney: That is really awesome, congratulations!! I am working towards my ASN-RN for now, but I definitely plan to work towards my BSN in the future as well. I wish you luck with the NCLEX! You can do it!! :)
    MaryKator: Thank you! I am often only on myfitnesspal on my phone, but I can offer support from there too :)
    Stacey: I sent you a msg! :)
    groomsmom: It is great to have an additional friend who also has PCOS and understands all of the struggles (weight included of course) that come along with that disease. Thank you for the support! :)

We can do this!!!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • tmyers541
    tmyers541 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I sent you a request :) so many of my friends are going through nursing school right now, good luck!
  • aknight1207
    Options
    Thank you for the add tmyers! And congrats on your weight loss, that's wonderful!!
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want.
  • MissFlab2Fab2014
    Options
    You can add me if you like :)
  • sugusita
    sugusita Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I keep my diary open and log on several times a day.
  • TwirleySlims
    TwirleySlims Posts: 112
    Options
    Add me, daily logger :D
  • SnowACrow
    SnowACrow Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me. I am new to this site so support both ways will be much appreciated :)