Adding exercise to my diet

Options
Adding exercise to my diet actually increase the amount of calories one can consume?
This system automatically adds the amount of calories I can consume to my diet program.
Is it OK to follow this or should it be ignored.

I know that when I cook or work, they say I have burned off xx of calories.
Is this correct of BS?

Replies

• Paco4gsc
    Paco4gsc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is correct, and you should try to consume most of the added calories as doing so will keep your overall deficit more consistent and help to avoid creating too large of a deficit. However, some prefer to only consume 50 - 75% of the calories added by MFP for exercise due to the tendency for overestimating burn by MFP for any given exercise.

Ideally, things like cooking or work should be account for by your chosen activity level. Count exercises that are outside of your normal routine.
  • Sidpandy
    Sidpandy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Eat what you need, I burn an extra 1100 every day through exercise but doesn't mean I need them. I have few beers the weekend but 18 miles cycling every day means I deserve them
  • IvanPerry
    IvanPerry Posts: 12
    Options
    The cooking I have been doing has taken more time than I am used to during cooking and cleaning.
    One thing, I dislike cleaning and my place shows for it, but I try and do my best.
    A couple of days I recieved 15 boxes of merchandise for my store and all by my self I am checking the boxes, taking each item and putting stickers on it and reboxing it to ship to Amazon. This does not occur every day. What I do most of the time is to cut more vinyl decals... Apollosproducts.com
  • IvanPerry
    IvanPerry Posts: 12
    Options
    I would like to get my self back to doing what you do with bicycling. When I used to live in Wichita Kansas, and I lived by the river that has a bicycle path next to it. I rode my bike from one end to the other and back which was a 20 mile round trip. I did this in about 1 hour... Now that is moving...

I really want to get back to doing that but currently I can not even ride for 1 mile, which would take me about 2 hours...

I am looking into getting a recumbent trike that take all the pressure off my spine, knees, ankles and my arms...
    The trike I am looking at is the SUN ez3 USX HD... which is much easier for me to ride and I would get a lot of exercise with less stress on my body. The biggest problem is the cost is at about $1600 for that bike..