Tan legs Only??

Options
x0dmarie
x0dmarie Posts: 3 Member
My legs are very pale and I want to tan just my legs in a tanning bed without tanning other parts of my body. I cant use the sprays because it always looks orange (i just don't have the right skin tone). Is this possible?

Please no "you're gonna get cancer" comments. I rarely go tan and going actually helps my eczema especially in the winter time, they're just a wee pale and it's more practical for me to go the beds at the gym. Thanks.

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I reckon you could wear clothing and cover all of your upper half, but I don't think they are going to only charge you half price.
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Can't you just lay out in the sun wearing bathing suit bottoms and cover your upper body?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My legs are very pale and I want to tan just my legs in a tanning bed without tanning other parts of my body. I cant use the sprays because it always looks orange (i just don't have the right skin tone). Is this possible?

Please no "you're gonna get cancer" comments. I rarely go tan and going actually helps my eczema especially in the winter time, they're just a wee pale and it's more practical for me to go the beds at the gym. Thanks.
    Look for a natural self tanner. They give a more natural looking color and don't have the harmful chemicals that the regular ones do. And seriously, any time spent in a tanning bed increases your risk of skin cancer. It's a big deal. Don't think that you're safe just because you don't do it often. Young girls are getting skin cancer like crazy because of tanning.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Or you could just exercise outside in shorts during daylight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I guess you could only lay halfway in the bed...
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Or you could just exercise outside in shorts during daylight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

let's not get crazy now...
  • Sarah_SweetPea
    Options
    My mom used to do this when we were tanning together a few years ago. She said she would go in the room, sit in a chair, and just put her legs in the tanning bed. It definitely worked. She had nice dark tan legs. :)
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I would think it would be easier and more comfortable to put sunscreen on the top half of your body than to try to cover up half your body or lay halfway in a tanning bed.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I would think it would be easier and more comfortable to put sunscreen on the top half of your body than to try to cover up half your body or lay halfway in a tanning bed.

that.

Just use sunscreen. You will barely tan in a bed if you're wearing spf 50
  • x0dmarie
    x0dmarie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My arms are tan from years of being so embarrassed of my legs, they were always covered, and never saw the light of day. I compensated by only wearing tank tops because I was always hot.

Now I'm trying to even it out by a combination of either heavy sunscreen on top, or a long sleeve top, and shorts or a short skirt. My legs are starting to look like they belong to a humanand not a vampire.