Does garcinia cambongia work?

Options
I have heard good and bad things about this pill. Does anyone do or know of anyone who has tried it. I have done a lot of research on it but I'm not sure what to believe. I have such a hard time losing weight. But I was thinking about taking these but I wanted a few opinions first.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    No pill works for weight loss without calorie deficit.

Calorie deficit ALONE works for weight loss (you don't even have to exercise).

Mild effect is it might help with appetite suppression, but that's something you should work on without having to take a pill to do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

This. Save your money.
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It could actually hurt you, if you are on any medication........................
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I have heard good and bad things about this pill. Does anyone do or know of anyone who has tried it. I have done a lot of research on it but I'm not sure what to believe. I have such a hard time losing weight. But I was thinking about taking these but I wanted a few opinions first.

NO.
    Here is a study that says after 10 weeks there was no significant (measurable) weight loss.
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1475-2891-10-94.pdf
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    www.nytimes.com/2014/05/27/opinion/bruni-diet-lures-and-diet-lies.html
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    nope, eat less move more.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Useless in humans.

See examine.com for the studies.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    On rats - yes

On humans - no
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Not One good response so I guess I have my answer. I love the support on here. I have under active thyroid and it seems to be a bit harder to lose. But I have once in the past so I just need to really step up my game.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    nope
  • stephy3152
    Options
    I've tried Garcinia Cambogia, Green Coffee Bean and Apple Cider Vinegar supplements and didn't see a difference with any of them. A co-worker of mine said that Garcinia Cambogia helped curb her sugary food cravings so if that's a problem for you, maybe you can try them for a month or so to see if you like them. Just speaking from personal experience, neither of the 3 supplements that I've tried helped me in any way so I wish I had saved the money.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

This. Save your money.
    But Dr. Oz promotes it! :laugh:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

This. Save your money.
    But Dr. Oz promotes it! :laugh:

Well that explains a LOT right there! :laugh:
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Save your money!
  • mybabyg
    mybabyg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, it helped to reduce my appetite but only for a little while. No long term effects. What I have found that has really curbed my sugar cravings is taking L-Glutamine. Its an amino acid and helps with muscles etc. As a side effect, I no longer crave sugar, but I can't walk past a cup of coffee lol. Don't waste money on diet pills, try multi vits, etc to give your body the nutrients it needs and the appetite and cravings will reduce
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've tried Garcinia Cambogia, Green Coffee Bean and Apple Cider Vinegar supplements and didn't see a difference with any of them. A co-worker of mine said that Garcinia Cambogia helped curb her sugary food cravings so if that's a problem for you, maybe you can try them for a month or so to see if you like them. Just speaking from personal experience, neither of the 3 supplements that I've tried helped me in any way so I wish I had saved the money.
    thanks so much. I think I'll just save my money
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    If Dr. Oz told you it was good, then it's not actually good.