Introducing myself *NEED SUPPORT*

Options
Hello all, I have finally signed myself up to my fitness pal!! I am trying to reach a goal of losing 30-40lbs by my daughters 1st birthday, in September (Starting Today) . I figured if it is for her I can do anything. I want to be able to run around and play with her and not feel exhausted. I have let my self go over the years and hardly ever do any type of work out. I am starting to eat clean and plan to work out 4-5 times a week Wish me luck, and do you think my goal is doable in 4 months?:happy:

Replies

• leightybug098
    leightybug098 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It is going to take a lot of work to lose 40 lbs in 3 months. Its great to be ambitious, but maybe you should cut that down a bit. If you havent been excercising in years, its good to start slow-ish. Work hard, but don't set goals that are unreasonable. And it depends on what kind of excercise you're doing! Interval training is great for weight loss, btw. I'd love to support, you can add me :)
  • morey3ml
    morey3ml Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Kayla221444, that's awesome that you have your sights set to lose the weight by her birthday. This would require you to lose ~12-13 #s a month. Depending on what your starting weight is, this may be doable. Healthy loss is generally ~10# a month, but as long as your are eating your BMR or above you should be able to increase your activity level enough to do this. Even a 1-2 mile walk everyday can really boost weight loss, and strength training is great because muscle burns more calories than fat. So if you replace 5# of fat with 5# of muscle, that tissue will actually be burning more calories all day long.

If you need some motivation or a friend for along the way, add me on here! :D