Feeling sickly after any aerobics exercise?

Options
whenever I do anything that involves aerobics, such as running, jogging, or even doing jumping jacks, my head begins to throb and I feel nauseous. Also, I can't breathe and people say that I look really pale. :sad: It's happened to me ever since I was a child and it continues even though I'm already an adult. maybe some of you knows why this keeps happening to me? I perform really well in martial arts classes but whenever aerobics exercise is involved, even though it's for warming up, I can't really do it. please help me. thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    What time of day are you doing this, and have you eaten beforehand?
  • VirginiaM4
    VirginiaM4 Posts: 10
    Options
    Water water water. one of the biggest reasons for being nauseated while doing cardio is being dehydrated. I usually drink a glass of water 30 minutes before I do my HIIT jog/walk & have 3 glasses of water nearby.

In regards to food, If I exercise after a huge meal (like dinner) i wait an hour to an hour and a half after. If it's a light snack I wait 30 minutes. But I'm leaning towards you being dehydrated and not hydrating enough.
  • Nessie112
    Nessie112 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You may want to get your blood pressure checked out, that could be the culprit. All the best :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    You may want to get your blood pressure checked out, that could be the culprit. All the best :)

^^This type of complaint is best asked of your physician. Pronto. I mean, I suppose it could be as simple as not fueling yourself (eating enough) prior to workout (plus hydrate, hydrate, hydrate). But then again, these types of symptoms are similar to those with serious cardiac issues (high or low blood pressure, etc.) or anemia, or many other serious health issues (I am not a doctor-just have a family full of sickly people).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    They are a lot of variables to take into consideration. Make sure that's it's not a health issue first. Low blood pressure or a genetic heart issue would be worth looking into.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Your heart is not keeping up with the demands you are putting on it. Is blood pressure low? Is your pulse low?

This is a life threatening issue. I strongly advise you to see your doctor and discuss this before performing any further strenuous aerobic activity.

The risk here can end up with A) heart attack if your heart is weak, B) stroke, if your brain gets oxygen starved. Neither is good. Your best case scenario is that you just feel horrible, and this convinces you to ease up or stop. But eventually, a competitive streak will flare up, you'll push the envelope, and probably end up with either A or B above.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    This is not a typical reaction to aerobics exercise. Go to a doctor. Get a full physical. You don't want something serious to happen during exercise.

The only occasions where I've felt lightheaded during exercise is when I've been dehydrated and/or very tired.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Your heart is not keeping up with the demands you are putting on it. Is blood pressure low? Is your pulse low?

This is a life threatening issue. I strongly advise you to see your doctor and discuss this before performing any further strenuous aerobic activity.

The risk here can end up with A) heart attack if your heart is weak, B) stroke, if your brain gets oxygen starved. Neither is good. Your best case scenario is that you just feel horrible, and this convinces you to ease up or stop. But eventually, a competitive streak will flare up, you'll push the envelope, and probably end up with either A or B above.

COULD BE a life threatening condition or not. The possibility that it could be a life threatening situation warrants immediate medical attention to rule out a serious condition. If it IS such a condition it could develop into problems even when not exercising.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others . . . get checked out by your doctor. I had some of your symptoms and it turned out I was severely anemic. It may be nothing but you do need to rule out medical issues first.
  • syaoranli
    syaoranli Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually exercise early in the morning or early in the evening, whenever the temperature's not high to prevent getting a heatstroke or getting dehydrated :smile:

Regarding the about my food consumption, well, the last time I did any aerobics exercise, I had a meal 4 hours prior to it. However, a few minutes after warming up (jogging) I threw up everything I ate and was unable to eat for the rest of the day. Also, I drink water whenever I feel thirsty even though it's unadvised especially when performing exercises.

I had a 2d echo 5 years ago and the doctor found nothing. Maybe I'll need to have a check up soon. Thanks, guys! :smile: