EXCUSES.... EXCUSES!!!!

Options

Replies

• caroldurham18
    caroldurham18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Earthboundmiss,I'll be praying for u as iam my self..it's not easy.but most inportand we,'ll be healthier&feel better good luck.iam here if I can help u with ideas of way s iam trying .it's been little over a week for me Good Luck
  • AprilJane1522
    Options
    It was excuses for exercise and it was "I hurt my back"
    In the end I had no choice but to do something to fix my back or spend my life in agony. That's how I started doing yoga and when ever I'm sore I go do my yoga.

I'm also going to an exercise physiologist next week who I will make sure to ask what I can do to strengthen my back muscles.

No more excuses.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!!! :flowerforyou: I want to encourage you to be the best YOU can beee!!! :flowerforyou:
    In the end I had no choice but to do something to fix my back or spend my life in agony. That's how I started doing yoga and when ever I'm sore I go do my yoga.

I'm also going to an exercise physiologist next week who I will make sure to ask what I can do to strengthen my back muscles.

No more excuses.

I also have back issues... had surgery for a herniated disk. I've found that if I don't workout - even for a week, it hurts, or gets really sore & walk like an OLD lady! LOL Working out strengthens my back muscles and I'm not sore and feel much much better!

From my unprofessional opinion, deadlifts, squats, pull downs, and such have helped me. Good luck with your appointment!!! :drinker:
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Lazy and no will power, and at 52 I have gained and lost so many times I would not be able to count; thus my biggest excuse is afraid of failure again.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Hashimotos is holding me back. Not an excuse. It really does make it more difficult. Still possible, but it'll take a long *kitten* time.

I have Hashimotos. It is not holding you back (as long as all your levels are normal and you take you medication).
  • s50s
    s50s Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    GREAT POST!!!
  • gmhenry2014
    gmhenry2014 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your achievements Bethany!
  • sculptcha
    sculptcha Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs a few years ago and got down to a healthy weight, but gained it all back, plus more. I've been trying to lose it again, but struggling more than ever.

My excuses:

I lost the weight the first time because I was single and had no kids or any other responsibilities. I have a relationship and a son now, and a full-time job, so....yeah. It's an uphill battle this time around. I know in my head that it's doable, because so many others have conquered weight loss, with multiple kids and jobs and other things, but my body is telling me that it's impossible and I should just give up.

SO frustrated with myself for allowing myself to put the weight back on in the first place, but your post has really made me think about how I lost the weight originally, and how I can change my behavior to do it again AND KEEP IT OFF. I KNOW I can do it, I just have to want it.

Thank you!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Terrific!! I am in awe. And I'm sure there a quite a few folks who would forgive you if you included the weight the ex in your pounds off!!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Congratulations OP on the fantastic weight loss and your commitment to yourself and the future. Your photos are inspiring!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    This Is A Great Post!
  • sunshine11111
    sunshine11111 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sleep apnea, hypothyroidism, anemia... I know exactly what you mean, and I reached a point when I decided that I won't let it beat me. This was a great reminder to keep on trying, no matter how I feel. Thank you.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • lmmathis86
    lmmathis86 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Well you look amazing!!!

My excuses were and sometimes try to use!!!!!

I work on my feet all day. The last thing i want to do is work out after work.(So I work out before now)

I cant not eat what the husband cooks for dinner.( He could care less if I eat what he cooks or not)

Whu should i improve my look and health HE WONT NOTICE OR CARE. (I notice and care now)
  • AprilJane1522
    Options
    Thank you all!!! :flowerforyou: I want to encourage you to be the best YOU can beee!!! :flowerforyou:

No more excuses.

I also have back issues... had surgery for a herniated disk. I've found that if I don't workout - even for a week, it hurts, or gets really sore & walk like an OLD lady! LOL Working out strengthens my back muscles and I'm not sore and feel much much better!

From my unprofessional opinion, deadlifts, squats, pull downs, and such have helped me. Good luck with your appointment!!! :drinker:

I found the same thing.
    When I first did it I needed to do the bed rest thing but now that it is an old injury, if I don't get up and do something active threw out the day my back will tense up tight as can be.

Personally I find yoga is the best (for me at least) a friend recommended it and as soon as my back gets tight I do the yoga. I can literally feel everything in my back relax.

Thank you very much for your best wishes =)

Good luck for you also.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    it gets to the stage with me when I can't even bothered to make excuses ... its that time I sit down and have a massive TALK to myself,
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    it gets to the stage with me when I can't even bothered to make excuses ... its that time I sit down and have a massive TALK to myself,

I STILL have to have talks with myself!! hahaha probably will for the rest of my life!
    as soon as my back gets tight I do the yoga. I can literally feel everything in my back relax.

yoga and pilates works GREAT for the back, love them BOTH!
    Why should i improve my look and health HE WONT NOTICE OR CARE

looks like you've figured it out...:flowerforyou: do it for YOU!!! YOU are beautiful and DESERVE to be healthy and look YOUR personal best! regardless of how yuckie our SO's may or may not treat us!

I also want to add that while I did start this 'on my own', not really, it was God. I did have support from IRL friends encouraging me at least in some ways along the way. But in October 2012, a friend encouraged me to sign up on MFP and from there I started gaining friends / a support system. The people here have been TRULY MAGNIFICENT! Very encouraging and AMAZING! Love Them All!!! :heart:

Do what YOU have to in order to eliminate YOUR excuses.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Gosh, you are amazing!
  • 1quiltlady
    1quiltlady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    good for you! am proud of you as a woman to take charge of your life!
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    my excuses (I find myself still using them now, from time to time)

-too tired/lazy to exercise

-too busy to exercise (grad school and working)

-don't have enough time with my boyfriend because we both work during the day and I have class at night, so whenever I have a free moment and he's home (we live together) I don't want to go exercise

-too stressed about school work and deadlines to count calories and eat properly

-"I look decent right now, my boyfriend says he has always found me attractive.... why should I bother dieting/exercising?" (this one always comes back to bite me the next day when I remember how insecure I am about my body and how I want to wear a bikini this summer for the first time without feeling fat and embarrassed)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!