I'm 18 days in and feeling disappointed..

Options
13»

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Uh, you're only 18 days in? What kind of results were you hoping for, pray tell?

I gently urge you to give yourself a small reality check. Do a little research and find out how long it takes the average person to see definite weight loss results. Then you might see that the results you have achieved so far are actually pretty freakin spectacular, and you have nothing to whine about. :flowerforyou: Keep reminding yourself that it's completely crazy and unreasonable to expect to lose weight faster than you put it on.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it. It took me over a year to lose my weight. I am 5'3" and weighed 196 lbs. the day I started trying to lose weight and 190 the day I discovered My Fitness Pal. I don't exercise a lot, but when I do, I eat back the exercise calories and I never ate below the 1200 calories that MFP said to eat while I was trying to lose. It was not easy and some weeks were great while some were not so great. It is better to lose weight slowly. You will be more likely to keep it off. It is a life changing process that cannot be rushed.
  • Polo8686
    Polo8686 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I was in the same boat as you, and believe you me, I was beyond upset as I gained 2.5 pounds the first week. I measured everything, ate exactly the breakdown of what my fitness pal stated.

I didn't give up, and here is what I did:

I eat 1250 calories a day, based on 40% Carbs 30% Protein and 20% fats

I do spin classes 6 times a week and burn 536 calories within 55 minutes and do 30 minute of weight training 2-3 times a week and burn about 256 calories.

I lost in 7 days 4 pounds. This is working for me, as I have to choose wisely my calories and I don't feel hungry. If I do, I just eat a bit extra protein like a hard boiled egg, and maybe 1 oz of lean chicken breast.

I hope this helps, don't give up, it's a matter of figuring out what works for your body.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I think you're expecting to much too soon. A 5 pound weigh loss in 18 days is good. That means you've either eaten 17,500 calories less and or burned and or a combination of both over the last 18 days. Or the equivalent of 989 calories a day. Don't weigh yourself everyday. If you're doing everything right the up's and down's on the scale could be some excess water weight, and if you're working out with weights that tends to happen. The good news is muscles takes up 1/3 the space that fat does. So check to see if you've lost some inches.

Anyway it's a great start, don't get discouraged, just keep going, never give up.