Weight loss of 100+ please, to motivate us bigger people

Options

Replies

• carmenhuertosmartinez
    Options
    I have lost 101lbs since October 15, 2013. I weighed in at that time 300lbs, my current Weight 198.6lbs. I don't know how to post pics here, but I do have a Facebook page :-)
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    No full length pics really, some pics on profile page (HATED to be in pics).
    BMI when I started here was 44%. Now 22.4% (am 5' 5.5")

I posted these tips on the 100+ to lose w/o surgery forum as well as the 100 lbs + to lose let's support each other

I-If you bite it, write it. No food is really free.
    2-Mindful eating. Don't read or watch tv while eating. Pay attention to what goes into your mouth.
    3- To deal with those cravings..just remember chocolate or whatever the current want is, is NOT going to be pulled off the shelves anytime soon. It WILL be there when you can safely trust yourself to eat it (and yes, those cravings will pass) I still ate junk food/fast food AND lost the weight & got to goal!!
    4-Speaking of cravings, before you cave in to them, is it worth the calories? will this satisfy me? can I just eat one? will I regret eating it?
    5-Drink water before meals. It really does fill you up.
    6- Dressings: Don't pour onto your salad, dip the fork tines into the dressing, then go into the greens.
    7-Speaking of the fork, put it down between bites, don't have the fork already loaded with the next bite as you're chewing the first.
    8- Before you go for a second helping, wait 20-30 minutes. Perhaps a piece of fruit will satisfy instead.
    9- Goals, if you set them, set them small & manageable.
    10- One day at a time-One pound at a time.-One step at a time
    11-Take it slow. Small goals.
    12-You didn't put all the weight on over nite, it's not going to come off over nite.
    13-Get a good digital food scale, measuring cups/spoons. Weigh and measure everything.
    14-Take your measurements and pictures too (I did not and I wish I had)
    15-I pre plan/pre log my meals/snacks in advance. I put a nice amount of cals/carbs for late snacks so I can adjust thru out the day (in case I eat something unplanned, or have seconds or forget something I ate)
    16-Before eating out, check out website for nutritional stats...again, pre log the fast food/restaurant meal then plan your eating around it.
    17-When you do exercise, go easy especially if you are a couch potato like I am (I actually did not do much till I lost a nice chunk of weight and still am set as sedentary on MFP)
    18-Take the calorie burn you will see MFP or exercise machines with a grain of salt, especially if you plan to eat most of them back. Invest in a HRM w/chest strap.
    19-Add some buds that have open diaries, I find some great meal ideas and recipes from my buds (& i hate to cook)
    20-Read labels, take your time in the grocery, compare products before adding to your cart.

It's a big endeavor but if you get and keep your mindset where it needs to be, you can do it. :flowerforyou:

I found a fitness tracker to be very motivational for me, I saw just how little I moved during the day (desk job from home). Fitbit Flex, then wanted more, got the Force, it died on me and now I have the Garmin vivofit w/HRM, even a cheap pedometer can be motivational. I strive for 10K steps a day (apx 5 miles).
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I posted these tips on the 100+ to lose w/o surgery forum as well as the 100 lbs + to lose let's support each other

2-Mindful eating. Don't read or watch tv while eating. Pay attention to what goes into your mouth.
    3- To deal with those cravings..just remember chocolate or whatever the current want is, is NOT going to be pulled off the shelves anytime soon. It WILL be there when you can safely trust yourself to eat it (and yes, those cravings will pass) I still ate junk food/fast food AND lost the weight & got to goal!!
    4-Speaking of cravings, before you cave in to them, is it worth the calories? will this satisfy me? can I just eat one? will I regret eating it?
    6- Dressings: Don't pour onto your salad, dip the fork tines into the dressing, then go into the greens.
    7-Speaking of the fork, put it down between bites, don't have the fork already loaded with the next bite as you're chewing the first.
    8- Before you go for a second helping, wait 20-30 minutes. Perhaps a piece of fruit will satisfy instead.
    12-You didn't put all the weight on over nite, it's not going to come off over nite.
    13-Get a good digital food scale, measuring cups/spoons. Weigh and measure everything.
    15-I pre plan/pre log my meals/snacks in advance. I put a nice amount of cals/carbs for late snacks so I can adjust thru out the day (in case I eat something unplanned, or have seconds or forget something I ate)
    16-Before eating out, check out website for nutritional stats...again, pre log the fast food/restaurant meal then plan your eating around it.
    17-When you do exercise, go easy especially if you are a couch potato like I am (I actually did not do much till I lost a nice chunk of weight and still am set as sedentary on MFP)
    18-Take the calorie burn you will see MFP or exercise machines with a grain of salt, especially if you plan to eat most of them back. Invest in a HRM w/chest strap.
    19-Add some buds that have open diaries, I find some great meal ideas and recipes from my buds (& i hate to cook)
    20-Read labels, take your time in the grocery, compare products before adding to your cart.

It's a big endeavor but if you get and keep your mindset where it needs to be, you can do it. :flowerforyou:

I found a fitness tracker to be very motivational for me, I saw just how little I moved during the day (desk job from home). Fitbit Flex, then wanted more, got the Force, it died on me and now I have the Garmin vivofit w/HRM, even a cheap pedometer can be motivational. I strive for 10K steps a day (apx 5 miles).

Great post!!!

I am 30lbs shy of 100, I started this journey May 7, 2013, so in a year I've lost about 70lbs, my goal is to lose 150 at minimum, I am 5'11, so 180 may look great on me, I don't know. I've not recalled a time I was ever that weight. My profile picture shows my before and current, I started 330 and am now around 261ish on a good day.

The post above me is great, I didn't do anything special, no special diets/pills/no current fad you see everywhere. I simply started logging foods and staying in my calorie goal. I have bad knees with arthritis, so I didn't start doing much exercise wise until I had lost about 30lbs, then I started doing my recumbent bike & walking. I have some power 90 videos and do those occasionally. I bought the 30 day shred, but haven't started it yet but plan to this week.

Keys to remember

- log everything
    -drink lots and lots of water
    -exercise as often as you can but don't over do it!
    -people will join at the same time (before or after as you) and lose more/less than you, don't compare yourself. You are on your own journey.
    -find some friends with same goals as you - support each other
    -find some friends with different goals (even less) than you - support each other, one day you'll only have 20, 15 whatever pounds to lose and you will need that person to push you who knows how hard it is.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing.

• Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Faithfully and honestly record your food, eat to the plan, add exercise when you can. Worked for me.
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing pics! Very motivational!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Exactly. One day at a time, be honest about what you eat and drink. Eat less, move more. I posted pics on page three of this thread and there's some in my profile. Lost 110 in a year, naturally.
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    38658700_6881.jpg

This was from about 110 lbs progress. I'm now up to 126lbs loss, and I now weigh 125lbs. Everyone can do it!

OUTSTANDING!! Congratulations!!!:smile:
  • babsnchrist
    Options
    I know how you feel. I unfortunately don't have pics because last year my phone was stolen but I can honestly tell you how I went from 300 to 207 in one year. Do the activities you love. I went to the gym at least 3 times a week . Get out and walk. Dance if you can. If you like to clean, clean for 2 hrs. Anything fun to get your heartrate up and avoid fattening and high calorie foods as much as possible. Eat healthy foods you love and can't live without. Good luck!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Gr8 Job Done!!
    Around 410lbs which was actually 22lbs lighter than my starting weight of 432lbs
    14301377131_8d83b6b93b.jpg
    14118063518_f6c3372683.jpg
    14020413269_4171f66f55.jpg

Day i started on August 27, 2013 @ 432lbs. These are plastered as my home desktop wallpaper.
    13331471744_3011cd75de_z.jpg
    13331474554_e7452d14d6_z.jpg

few days ago at 274 and 69% to goal.
    14306713723_2120d04a96.jpg
    14280948061_e6d695a1b1_z.jpg

Great job! Thanks for posting these...they are very motivational :)
    [/quote]

You look GREAT ! CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    82 lbs down (~20 lbs to go), and 6 inches off the waist.

Just before Christmas 2013:

StartingPointDec14.JPG

Jun 1st:

Down6BeltNotches.jpg

Added: I don't quite meet the 100+ lost criteria, but my target is 100+, and I'm getting closer every day!
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    133 pounds lost, and I'm nearing two years of maintenance.

fotoflexer_photo_zps1cba0efc.jpg

Biggest piece of advice: Start, and then don't stop.

The difference between those who succeed and those who don't is perseverance. The rest - how big a deficit, macro ratio, exercise routine - is really just details. Those details are important, because they can speed or slow your loss and may contribute to it being a more sustainable loss. But the most important thing is starting to make the change, and then continuing it.

Second piece of advice: Don't be miserable.

I never made any change I wasn't willing to live with forever. That meant I didn't subscribe to a fad diet, cut calories drastically, or exercise three hours a day. Instead I just started living like a healthy person instead of an obese one. That meant that usually I stuck to my plan, but sometimes I indulged. I usually did my workouts, but sometimes I missed one. I was only rarely hungry, almost never felt like I was on a diet, and generally my life and mood improved by leaps and bounds. The ones who starve themselves, who never enjoy a cookie, who never eat a "cheat" meal, are the ones who quit a couple months in, from my observation.

This method also means that when I switched to maintenance, almost nothing changed. I ate slightly more food, that's all. There was no diet to go off. I didn't have to jump from 1200 calories to maintenance because I never ate that little. It was seamless, and maybe that's why I've been able to maintain my loss since September 2012 fairly effortlessly.

Third piece of advice: Exercise.

Exercise changes your relationship with your body and food. It makes you happy. It makes you feel better about yourself. It makes it easier to stick to a healthy diet. It makes maintenance easier. It means you can eat more. Find something you enjoy, and do it.

more tips on my blog, along with pictures:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ShannonMpls
  • shaynemkeeler
    Options
    i had a vertical sleeve gastrectomy on december 11th 2013 i was 384 at my highest weight had high blood pressure pre diabetic and severe sleep apnea all at the age of 22 since my surgery today i weigh 257 lbs soo in about 6 months ive lost 127 lbs it was the best decision ive ever made you might need to think about making it as well it forces you to have the willpower to change your lifestyle without the surgery i would have stayed on the path that i was on hope this helps
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    So awesome!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I posted my success story last week but one of my friends poked me to chime in here-
    I'm not quite sure of the date on this one but it IS an elusive full-body pic, which was taken in the yo-yo years:
    100_0940.jpg
    I think this is me at maximum density (with the nephew):
    100_0881.jpg
    November 24, 2012 (after having lost about 17 lbs):
    Thanksgiving2012_zps6bb1529a.jpg
    May 10, 2014 as I headed to T2 in my first triathlon:
    trimomcheer_zpse6942ae9.jpg
    May 10, 2014 (in the middle) after the finish line:
    trifinishfriends_zps827f1787.jpg

I realize this is a before and during, but I just wanted to chime in to say that YES you CAN do it. If I can do this, anyone can.
  • H0llyG0lightly
    H0llyG0lightly Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm happy to share. I joined MFP 3 1/2 years ago. In my first 9 months I lost 100 pounds and then reached 110 pounds lost at my one year anniversary. All natural. No surgery, no special diets, just old fashioned diet and exercise.

I'm 5' 9"
    Start weight was 277
    Current weight is 167
    Starting size was 24 pants (I was squeezing myself into them and I saved them as you can see below)
    Pant size 24
    shirt size 3x
    current pants size 8 to 10
    current shirt is a medium

FatPicture2.jpg

fatfatfat.jpg

scan0014.jpg

CindyLouisProm2012.jpg

Cindywinterformal.jpg

006.jpg

Untitled.jpg

You look fabulous! And years younger. Amazing work!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm still in the process too, but I have gone from HW of 307 back in 2008, to currently 184 lb. I have not yo-yo'd at all during the past 5+ years but have steadily gone down, down, down...I hope to keep it that way. I'm 37 and 5'8".

My best advice is just keep at it, and set smallish goals along the way. I'm not saying it's bad to know that you wanna lose 150 lb, but I honestly don't think I could have lost the 123 lb I have lost so far if I ever even thought about that...I was around 260 lb for 15 years, so when I started I just thought "I need to get under 300 and back toward 260". Once I got there, I set the goal of 220. Met that and thought I'd try for 199...and so on.

For me, logging every bite/sip for the past 14 months has been a MAJOR boon to my success. It took me 4+ years to drop the first 45 lb and the 78 lb I've lost so far on this site was much, much easier.

I wish you the best!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm happy to share. I joined MFP 3 1/2 years ago. In my first 9 months I lost 100 pounds and then reached 110 pounds lost at my one year anniversary. All natural. No surgery, no special diets, just old fashioned diet and exercise.

I'm 5' 9"
    Start weight was 277
    Current weight is 167
    Starting size was 24 pants (I was squeezing myself into them and I saved them as you can see below)
    Pant size 24
    shirt size 3x
    current pants size 8 to 10
    current shirt is a medium

FatPicture2.jpg

fatfatfat.jpg

scan0014.jpg

CindyLouisProm2012.jpg

Cindywinterformal.jpg

006.jpg

Untitled.jpg

You look fabulous! And years younger. Amazing work!

Thank you. I hear that often. I wasn't expecting that part of weight loss. I remember when I started to lose that I read that sometimes people look older when they lose, but my time clock went back. Thankfully!!! There is about a 15 year gap in the first before pic to my last after pic. Love that I look younger.
  • Onzerelli
    Onzerelli Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I don't have a success story yet as I'm still working on my first 10% loss. I started at 326 and am now "down" to 303, my goal is in the 190s. That sounds like a high number but I have a giant frame (I really am big-boned! Ha!), I'm 5'10" and if I can keep my muscle by lifting heavy, I will (hopefully!) be fit and fabulous! I would love for anyone on this thread to add me as a friend, so many inspiring stories and so many people with the determination to get where they are going. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!