QUEST BARS

Options
13»

Replies

• chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I actually picked some of these up today. I tried the cookies and cream and it was good after the first bite or two. The peanut butter cups I also tried this evening for a snack. Those are delicious. I don't think I could overeat with these. I don't know how long it lays but gnc was having one of their "sales" but they are still cheaper on quests website.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the link. I just got my free bars, as well. I've also convinced my husband to get his, too.

(He hates them, the heathen. More for me!) :tongue:

Updated list and recommendations:

GREAT! -Cookies & Cream, Vanilla Almond Crunch, Apple Pie, Chocolate Brownie, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

Just "O.K." - Mixed Berry Bliss, Cinnamon Roll, Strawberry Cheesecake, White Chocolate Raspberry

Nasty as All Hell: Lemon Cream Pie, Banana Nut Muffin

The others I haven't tried yet, but will soon.

I currently get mine from DrVita.com. They're running anywhere from 20 to 23 dollars a box, depending on the flavor. I try to look out for sales, though.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    So I got my free box today and ended up eating maybe 7 bars! I feel terrible but they're addictive and I felt like eating another bar after finishing one :(
    I don't think I'll be ordering any quest bars ever again. I can't trust myself with a box of quest bars in my house.
    i want to know how your stomach handled 7 of those. Holy fiber!!!
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You may have a different opinion in the morning. That's like a minimum of 115 grams of fiber if you ate nothing else all day. :indifferent:

I was just gonna say this...Quest bars are awesome! Just don't eat too many or you will be making good friends with the porcelain throne. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    So I got my free box today and ended up eating maybe 7 bars!

Your toilet will not thank you.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Free bars only available in the USA waaaaah.

Love Quest Bars but really dislike the choc chip cookie dough and double choc chunk. the choc pieces taste like powdery compressed cocoa, gross.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Cookie Dough for the win!
  • donutmom
    donutmom Posts: 12
    Options
    I could not find where you go to order the free samples. Can you copie and paste the url on here so I can order a sample. Been trying to find snacks and desserts that i can eat without compromising my diet.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I could not find where you go to order the free samples. Can you copie and paste the url on here so I can order a sample. Been trying to find snacks and desserts that i can eat without compromising my diet.

From up the thread:
    You can get 2 free bars here: http://www.questproteinbar.com/freesample?p=highfive

But it takes 1-2 months to get them, LOL

Honestly I haven't found a bad flavor yet. I tried the white chocolate raspberry flavor for the first time yesterday (which seems to have gotten a mediocre reaction on the above posts) and found it quite delicious.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, these are NOT low-carb for diabetics. There's all kinds of reports that something isn't right there.

http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c/17/145742/trouble-fiber/

http://www.meandmydiabetes.com/2011/11/03/net-carb-vs-blood-sugars-the-quest-protein-bar-test/

Before I knocked them off the menu due to blood sugar spikes (80 points on the cookies and cream!) they are super tasty.
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I had my first quest bar yesterday (brownie) and found it really dense and hard to eat in one sitting. I think I drank 8 cups of water as I ate just trying to take the thing down. It didn't taste bad, but not good either. I felt really sick to my stomach about an hour after eating it. Maybe I'm just not used to that amount of fiber/protein at a time? Either way, I'm not really looking forward to eating another. (I bought 4 bars of different flavours to try, they don't send the free samples to Canada)
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Went to the live chat and they're sending 2 free bars! They said it would take 1-2 weeks. Thanks!
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    So I got my free box today and ended up eating maybe 7 bars! I feel terrible but they're addictive and I felt like eating another bar after finishing one :(
    I don't think I'll be ordering any quest bars ever again. I can't trust myself with a box of quest bars in my house.

Oh come on, 7 bars??? I just read the macro's. You my friend are going to be spending some time on the "throne" :tongue:

Just ordered mine using the link. Didn't have to chat with anyone. http://www.questproteinbar.com/freesample?p=highfive
  • chunt87
    chunt87 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was brave. I tried the protein peanut butter cup for a snack when I had the munchies.

I will say this If you can eat slowly, like dark chocolate or european chocolate, and like natural peanut butter you will like them, or have made your own PB cups and liked em (I did and like these things)

However, if you are expecting a reeses (shucks I dont eat them anymore because its too much sugar #reesesfreeforayear), you will be sorely disappointed.

How I feel about the ones I have tried as a total skeptic Cookies and cream was sent fro heaven, the cookie dough one is epic and the vanilla almond is ok, I was hoping to like the vanilla almond one more.

I will be buying more of these to control snack attacks and help get my metabolism in check with that eat something 5x a day thing