Can I believe my weight loss this week?

Options
I have been struggling between 188 and 186 since mid-November. Sometimes I get up to one 189 and I've dipped to 185 but basically have been between 188 and 186. I didn't GAIN over Dec so I was happy with that :)

I usually do 2 - 3 cardio sessions per week and 2 weight lifting but added 3 extra 45 minute cardio sessions this week, have really upped my water intake and have been careful to not use all my exercise calories (I've been eating about 2/3 of them) and the scale says today that I have lost 4 lbs.

Can that be true? I want to log it but I'm afraid :smile:

Is this just a fluke week? Or can I trust it?

Replies

• mmellor
    mmellor Posts: 146
    Options
    Me personally, I would log it...why not?? If next week it goes up 1 or 2 you are still down 2 or 3...you deserve to log it! It sounds like you worked hard this week!
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    log it! you earned it! you'll settle out and not lose some weeks.
  • lrmwiggins
    Options
    Go with it!!! A loss is a loss and if it is back up next week log that too, but don't let this weightloss get by without logging it and it being there so you can see it later!!!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I would log it, too!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    i say log it, you worked really hard and deserve it. i had the same thing happen, and I was so happy to finaly see the scale move
  • jenmcgraw
    jenmcgraw Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Log it! My weight loss has typically looked like that. I will be stuck for a bit then I see a drop such as yours. Log it and use it to help keep you on the right path:) Great job!!!
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I would totally log it!! You probably have lost that much due to all the extra water you are drinking:) and the extra cardio!! :) Good for you!!!!
  • RDTaylor13
    Options
    I'd say log it, 4 lbs is a great loss. I'd be proud of it.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I log everything, gains and losses. It lets me go back and look at my history, and maybe see what I did differently that let me lose or made me gain. Make sure to take your measurements too, because a lot of time when the scale stands still, the inches are coming off as your body changes shape.
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    All plateaus break eventually, and you made some great changes to bust through it in the past week so I think you can absolutely trust it. CONGRATS!!! You've done really great! :)
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    Wow - thanks everyone. I've logged it. And you all all right - If I go up and then down again, well that is part of the journey. It can teach me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. I'm going to enjoy today and hit the gym!!
  • raeklee23
    Options
    I log everything. If it goes back up, thats ok. Just say I did it before, I can do it again. My weight also jumps around when I am not dieting. But since I have been it refuses to fall down (like it is toying with me). Thats OK I wont give up. Good luck with your goals :)
  • Log it! It looks like your hard work paid off!!
  • iawierz
    iawierz Posts: 65
    Options
    I log everything and anything! Even if I might gain it back. It is a loss an by what you have said you worked hard and made adjustments and your body adjusted too! Great job!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Definitely log it!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I say log it!!!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    log it and congrats ;)
  • jcch00
    jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Absolutely log it! That happens to me sometimes. My weight won't budge for 1-2 weeks and then all of a sudden I will drop 5 lbs. in a week. Congrats!
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    Absolutely log it. The changes you made were significant! I did the same thing, weighed myself on three different scales to make sure, LOL! Wouldn't expect it every week or get discouraged if it's up slightly next week, but go with it!
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    I think the extra cardio did it. Log it and do the same cardio routine next week and see what results you get. For me, the only weight loss I achieve is when my cardio is "fasted cardio". Wake up, make a cup of hot tea and drink it. 30 minutes later after caffeine absorption, I run on the treadmill. After a walkout/cooldown, I drink a protein drink, shower and then eat the rest of b/fast. The shower in-between allows for protein absorption B4 the food. Protein w/ every meal keeps insulin from spiking and giving you a crash later making you hungry. Try this a couple of times to see if you like it and you get results. I eat all my exercise calories and consistently lose 2-3 pounds a week. I've been on here a week and have lost three pounds. You can look at my diary.