Goal Weight: 250.
Goal time frame: 61 days.

here we go.

Replies

• tincusa
    tincusa Posts: 3
    Options
    Good Luck, we are all here for you!

Best advice: Log everything every day. Never skip a workout you planned to do, at minumum just do a shorter more intense one!
  • sltaylor94
    sltaylor94 Posts: 60
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestion! I plan to hit the gym in the morning. However, I will be up all night doing homework so I may hold off until Tuesday. Either way, a workout is planned within two days.
  • coconutfox
    coconutfox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you are being a little too optimistic. 36lbs in 2 months, so 18lbs a month is quite high! I'm not saying you can't but you may be disappointed. More realistic might be half that amount?
  • ritan7471
    ritan7471 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think you are being a little too optimistic. 36lbs in 2 months, so 18lbs a month is quite high! I'm not saying you can't but you may be disappointed. More realistic might be half that amount?

I agree with this. Of course you want quick success, but this is 0.59 pounds per day. I don't see that as being sustainable without a super restrictive diet and exercise. Will that work for you in the long term?
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options

I agree but didn't want to sound negative
  • sltaylor94
    Options
    you are all entitled to an opinion, negative or not. it may not be easily obtainable and may not obtain it. HOWEVER it is a goal. 36 pounds in 61 days. If it ends up taking a little longer than that, then so be it. As for now though, that is what my mind is set on. That is what I am working towards.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Starting Weight: 286.
    Goal Weight: 250.
    Goal time frame: 61 days.

here we go.

That's a lofty goal. I'd stretch it out to at least 90 days if not 120. That's super short! Good luck though.
  • danicaone_101
    danicaone_101 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It is understandable that school gets in the way of working out, however, try not to miss more than 2 days. In addition, try to get enough sleep per night and eat and drink enough per day.

I know how you feel. School is very important and it is sometimes hard to find time to work out and eat healthy in the mist of class, work, and completing homework on time. I like to workout with friends who are taking the same class as me. For example, when we have a test coming up, we like quiz each other while we are working out. In addition, I usually bring my notes to study if I am working out by myself.

You can do it. We are all here for you! Feel free to message me for support and motivation.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    you are all entitled to an opinion, negative or not. it may not be easily obtainable and may not obtain it. HOWEVER it is a goal. 36 pounds in 61 days. If it ends up taking a little longer than that, then so be it. As for now though, that is what my mind is set on. That is what I am working towards.

Why? Why not do something more sustainable (read: less miserable)? Like, 1 lb per week?
  • sltaylor94
    Options
    because i have a goal set in mind. i want to push for that. if i dont do it, i will be satisfied with whatever i have lost because at least i have lost weight period. its just a place i want to get to.
  • TheLoneButler
    TheLoneButler Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you as you embark on this journey.
    Remember that half the battle is mentality - If you can picture yourself being there, and you know how to get there and the steps to take - You will get there by all means of disposal.

You've got support from members on here,
    Hoping to hear some good upcoming reports from you.

Best of luck =)
  • clairetomkinson84
    clairetomkinson84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! If you ever want to chat I had a very similar starting weight and am always looking to make new friends.
  • ritan7471
    ritan7471 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate pushing toward a challenging goal, and as long as you are happy with whatever loss you achieve, then it's all good. Just be healthy, that's the main thing.

Here is a success story I just read that I think might inspire you, too: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1303732-fitiversary-1-year-pics-my-story
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    because i have a goal set in mind. i want to push for that. if i dont do it, i will be satisfied with whatever i have lost because at least i have lost weight period. its just a place i want to get to.

Why put a deadline on your goals? It is very stressful to try and beat the clock and calendar which could hinder your efforts. Why not set one goal and whenever you achieve it then move onto the next one? You want to give your body time to adjust to losing weight in a healthy way. In addiction, give yourself time to develop healthy habits to carry into your maintenance phase so you won't gain the weight back.
  • sltaylor94
    Options
    Like I said, it is a deadline I am striving for but if I do not make it I will not be dissapointed because I will still have some weight lost. I want to lose the weight by my birthday. Thats what I am striving for. I want to make it, and I am going to push for that but if its not in the cards then I will move on and continue until I reach that goal and then set a new one.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I like your positive attitude. If you don't lose all the weight you want in that timeframe, at least you will lose a good chunk of it, and you will be farther along than where you are now.
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say good luck! I started off at about 265 and an down 16 or so in the first month. I'm doing a boatload of exercise and trying to eat pretty healthy (it helps that I don't mind eating mostly the same thing every day).

Hope things work out well for you. I'm personally trying not to focus too much on the scale myself. There are literally days that creep into a week or so where it hasn't changed but I just keep reminding myself that everything I am doing is good for me even if it takes the scale a while to catch up.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Good for you

Since logging (mid Feb, Excel not MFP), if I look at each of the days which are 61 days apart, the average difference between dates is 25 lbs and once it got to 33lbs, your target may be doable with some effort. My diary is open.

However I started at 279lbs, currently 234lbs, (45 lbs over 108 days), although I have stopped running a 1100 cal a day deficit and have eased into 750 a day. I am male and 188cms, still obese (BMI). Have done T25 for the last 8.5 weeks and walk at lunchtimes, weather and work permitting.

Good luck but do not get downhearted if you cannot achieve your lofty aim. Reassess and then continue

[Edited to make sense]