Low carb/high protein meal ideas

Options
Sweet_Pea4
Sweet_Pea4 Posts: 447 Member
Hey all :)

I'm always generally good with breakfasts and have a few ideas. But lunch and dinner I always struggle because I always end up having too many carbs. My carb percentage on MFP is 25% and I'm always hitting the 50% mark. Always struggle with it.

Also any high protein meal ideas would be good. Low carb and high protein. Even better.

Replies

• Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am also High protein low carb. I do a shake in the morning with my coffee, a shake or quest bar for lunch with 2 cups of veggies, then 8oz of lean meat for dinner with another 2 cups of veggies, and a protein snack. I got a lot of recipes from Pinterest.
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    Omg am I eating too much? Lol. That doesn't sound like a lot at all??
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I make chicken nuggets with reduced sugar ketchup for lunch. 8 oz chicken breast sliced to ideal size, rolled in 8g oat flour, pan fried with Pam and eat with 2 tbsp ketchup. I also eat 200g of fresh green beans on the side that I steam and slightly salt. Filling and low carb, about 340 calories I think
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    My go to low carb meal is hot chilli (no kidney beans).

I make mine high fat, low carb so I do not drain all the fat (makes it taste great).
  • mooie70
    mooie70 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Atkins, so high protein, high fat, and low carb. I've lost 6 kilos so far and finding it incredibly easy to stick to. Far easier than counting calories. And my cholesterol is in range for the first time in 20 years :)
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    What do you eat?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    For dinner a quarter pound burger (home made from 20% fat mince) with green beans and broccoli. Or steak or fish instead of the burger.

2-egg omelette with mushrooms and cheese.

etc
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I keep my carbs around 100-150 per day.

breakfast - eggs, yoghurt, cottage cheese, fish.
    Lunch - home made soups and stews or salads, with tuna or boiled egg
    Dinner -steak, fish or chicken with veg
    snacks - cheese, nuts, roast soy beans, wasabi peas
  • Sweet_Pea4
    Options
    Thanks very much for your replies. It helps :)