rediscoverd MFP

Options
Hi

My name is Laura and I am a 31 year old mum of 2 in the UK.

I have pretty much struggled with my weight from when I was 14 and have yoyoed since. I have been on MFP for quite a while but not used it properly until the last week. A friend of mine introduced me to the community section and I am amazed how supportive and encouraging everyone is!

Towards the end of last year I started clean eating and love it! I started the journey this time at 14st6lbs and am down to 12st13lbs but my goal is 11st. Its going to be a battle for me to keep sticking to this but I fully intend to reach my goal and maintain this time. I want to set a good example to my kids so they don't have to go through the diets and tears I have over the years.

I have become addicted to Spin classes but lack confidence to do most other classes ( I hate doing classes in front of thoses huge mirror walls!)

Anyway I need all the support I can get (my husband eats junk and refuses to adopt the same healthy life style)

Replies

• kieran_78
    kieran_78 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great going Laura

Kieran here, 34, 1 kid, from Cork

I've lost about 16 lbs is the last two months, looks like you are down about the ame, stick to the goals.

Like you, the gym is not for me, so I have taken to swimming, walking and cycling. It might be worth a try for you too ?
  • lccooper
    lccooper Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Kieran

16 lbs in 2 months is great!

I probably should have mentioned I do do a lot of walking, I have 4 dogs to keep my busy:) I am a bit to self conscience to swim just yet I think but perhaps I should set myself a goal to start swimming in the next month.

Good luck with your journey and I will give you support :)
  • cflec1
    cflec1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    welcome to the board, feel free to add as a friend.
  • lccooper
    lccooper Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you, I have sent you a request :)