2011 is the year for me!

Options
catniss
catniss Posts: 326 Member
Hello everyone,
I stop and start things without usually finishing them--this year it's going to be different!! My goal is not perfection, it's acceptance. My mantra will no longer be all or nothing, but progress, not perfection. The inner voice whispering all those negative messages will be silenced and replaced with kindness and forgiveness and encouragement. If I keep putting these things off until it's "just the right time", they will NEVER happen. NOW is the just right time!!!!
It's hard for me to stay focused and motivated and disciplined--I'm hoping this will help.
Happy and Healthy New Year to myself and to all of you.
Catniss

Replies

• jppoynt
    jppoynt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
  • live2dance
    Options
    Great attitude!!! You will definitely succeed with that mentality ans with the support you will find here on the site. Best of luck! :)
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    love your attitude, i'm feeling the same way. no more crash diets and easy fixes! it's definitely time for a lifestyle change. good luck!
  • cholliman
    cholliman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Question! Has anyone ever tried Zumba? How effective do you think it is?
  • prdrprincess
    prdrprincess Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you. 2011 will be our year!! Let's go ladies.
  • sabrinag6005
    Options
    :smile: I do Zumba 3xs a week and it's my FAVORITE workout! I lost 5 inches off my waist:blushing: in under 3 mos. It really works. So fun!
  • cholliman
    cholliman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good to know! I did it 3x last week and had a lot of fun while I did it but I've never correlated working out with fun! Lol Just wondering if anyone else had success with it!
  • kbefit
    kbefit Posts: 116
    Options
    I hear ya! You can do this!
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    Well said Catniss, i also used to think in terms of all or nothing. I wanted instant weight loss or else it just wasn't worth it. I cringe now to think i had that attitude.

Your words are my sentiments exactly. We will reach our goals and MFP will make the journey a :happy: one. I have been on this website for 4 days and have already spoken to some amazing, inspiring and funny people. God bless you all you are truly AWESOME :love:
  • karlydaniels
    karlydaniels Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    love your attitude to this Catniss! hopefully 2011 will be the year for me too. Been here since 1st Jan - need friends and encouragement please if anyone wants to add me?

p.s i also love Zumba it's fab!
  • happies23
    happies23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well said! Good luck and hope you have a great 2011!!
  • grifter81
    Options
    Hey, I just joined as well and I came on board with the same mantra. So far, it is really working. Getting healthier has never felt so great! There is no guilt or disappointment. Just motivation and excitement. :)