Overnight Oats in Greek Yogurt

Options
GingerLee13
GingerLee13 Posts: 28 Member
I love oatmeal, but my mom doesn't. She's really put off by the texture of cooked oats (even SCO).

She'd read about overnight oats in yogurt and wondered what the texture would be like if they were "cooked" cold.

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm looking for more variety in my oat and yogurt based breakfasts.

Thanks!

Replies

• kennea483
    kennea483 Posts: 3
    Options
    I love this recipe: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
    I replace a little bit of the rolled oats with some steel cut oats because I love the chewier texture of SCO. And you can really play around with these recipes and make your own versions! Freeze dried strawberries are delicious in these guys :) Good luck!
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I find the texture a little similar. It's easy to make it thinner or thicker. I like to add chia seeds to mine and make it with almond milk.
  • Lydia_B
    Lydia_B Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I leave mine overnight in almond milk, a sprinkle of seeds for some crunch and chopped up tinned pears.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I don't like mushy oats.. I like texture. Quick cooking oats tend to get mushy. Overnight oats are delicious though with a very creamy texture. Add some nuts to give texture.
  • Kidsonic
    Kidsonic Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat overnight oats at least 4 times a week. My basic recipe is: 1/4 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup NF Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp chia seeds and a dash of vanilla. Let that sit overnight. In the morning, I add some combo of fruit (blueberries are my favorite), nuts, peanut butter, almond butter. Adding frozen fruit at night is great too, because as the fruit defrosts, the liquid flavors the oats/yogurt.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's very hard to describe texture on the internet - why dont you try some and see?