EATING and I am loosing weight

So I thought I had a bad last few weeks. We went on vacation and had a few celebrations. But my scale keeps dropping? I stay under my fitbit cal but JUST under on some days. I am still working out. It seems I am loosing weight faster now than when I was on a strict diet. I dont eat awful but I didnt think I would still be dropping weight. I do workout alot. Is this normal?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    If you're in a deficit you'll lose weight...
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member

+1

Just make sure your deficient isn't too large.
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    This.

Do not understand people who make threads like this, gives me a headache.
  • Nathalia2009
    Nathalia2009 Posts: 75 Member
    I have a fitbit thats connected with MFP they both give me different numbers. Thats what throws me off. I go off the fitbit which tends to give me more cals to eat.

+1

• Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    You said you went on vacation but had some celebrations yes? Well, if you're staying under, even if at or even a little above you might be losing weight because you're burning off those celebration calories lol. What activities were you doing on your vacation? and you continued to exercise so that means those extra calories you were taking in were getting burned off.

Remember if you go UNDER your target calories you will lose weight no matter what you're eating ...bad or good . haha. good job though.
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Be nice, if you don't understand why..and it annoys you, just leave it be and let you not venting the frustration for whatever reason that kind of post bothers you...just keep it to yourself and it turns a negative into a positive. :D
  • Nathalia2009
    This.

Do not understand people who make threads like this, gives me a headache.

then dont answer. I am not trying to be rude but no need for you to as well. I look at what I eat and I know lately it hasnt been as healthy and that is what is throwing me off that I am still actually losing weight. If it bothers you that I am surprised, sorry but I am. I have been eating tons of veggies, fruit, and a strict diet for 5 months so the past three weeks I was sure I gained. Happy I didnt. Sorry my post bothers you so much.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    If you are hitting your macros and losing at a healthy rate then no worries but keep this handy just for reference:

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing these negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:
    More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Nathalia2009
    You said you went on vacation but had some celebrations yes? Well, if you're staying under, even if at or even a little above you might be losing weight because you're burning off those celebration calories lol. What activities were you doing on your vacation? and you continued to exercise so that means those extra calories you were taking in were getting burned off.

Remember if you go UNDER your target calories you will lose weight no matter what you're eating ...bad or good . haha. good job though.

I was running for 30 min during so I could burn off the chips and quac, hamburgers, lol. Since I have been back I have gotten back into my kickboxing class 3x a week but its hard to get back into my eating . I am just glad to see today that I have gained a bunch
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I have a fitbit thats connected with MFP they both give me different numbers. Thats what throws me off. I go off the fitbit which tends to give me more cals to eat.

+1

You are probably getting more calories on FitBit because you have the negative calorie setting turned on.
  • Nathalia2009
    Thank you
    If you are hitting your macros and losing at a healthy rate then no worries but keep this handy just for reference:

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing these negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:
    More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants