Hello, I'm new to the message board!

Options
Hello everyone! I have been using my fitness pal for about 5-6 weeks now, and have lost about 3.5 lbs. dieting and exercising. Calorie counting has helped alot, along with the calories burned from exercise. The bad thing about calorie counting and watching what I eat, which is usually healthy, I alot of the time still feel hungry, like I want something else to eat, and if I do eat something extra I feel incredibly guilty. Does anyone else feel this way? apotts

Replies

• apotts
    apotts Posts: 23
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been using my fitness pal for about 5-6 weeks now, and have lost about 3.5 lbs. dieting and exercising. Calorie counting has helped alot, along with the calories burned from exercise. The bad thing about calorie counting and watching what I eat, which is usually healthy, I alot of the time still feel hungry, like I want something else to eat, and if I do eat something extra I feel incredibly guilty. Does anyone else feel this way? apotts
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    s006.gif

Don't forget to eat your exercise calories--if you're working out, you need the fuel to keep your body going and it could be why you're hungry all the time.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.. So I either drink a glass or bottle of water or brush my teeth! :laugh:
    If you're exercising make sure you are eating half if not all your exercise cals. That could be why you are hungry too. Make sure you get in all your water and fiber as well. For some odd reason days that I get both of those all in or xtra water, I feel super full by bed time!

Good Luck and Welcome to the Fam! :flowerforyou:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    Welcome, Apotts! :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:smile:
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    Welcome! Yes, I know what you are talking about! You might try eating a fiber bar, bowl of vegetable soup, or grapes/pears for snacks. They help you feel full longer. Also a glass of chocolate milk will help if you get that craving for something sweet. Good luck, we are all here for you!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome...as others have said, make sure you are eating your exercise calories (at least half of them!!) Seems so strange, but it really is true...you need to eat to lose...
    Blessings!
    Kathey