P90X question

Options
Hello,
I am on day 2 of week 5 of P90X lean. I've been using a HRM to track my calorie burn to track progress. I've noticed this last week or so that when I enter my exercises (I've added all the p90x exercises into the exercise log) that I am burning fewer calories than the last time I did the same work out. Has anyone else experienced this? I've even started to do the bonus sections since I am not as tired as I used to be by the end. Should I go out and buy heavier weights? I've seen this mostly with plyometrics, cardio x and core.

thanks! Still love P90X - seeing some body changes and movement on the scale, so I am pleased.

Replies

• sk4399
    sk4399 Posts: 96
    Options
    The more fit you get, the less effort it takes and you burn less calories. Good job on getting fit : )
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You burn less calories when you weigh less. If you've lost weight since the last time, you'll have a different calorie burn.
  • clanca3
    Options
    I'm on my second round of P90x. I noticed the same on my HRM. I increased my weights and added cardio to my workout which made quite a bit of difference on my calorie burn. The changes I notice on my body are very encouraging. Way to go for you!!!!
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    I'm on my second round of P90x. I noticed the same on my HRM. I increased my weights and added cardio to my workout which made quite a bit of difference on my calorie burn. The changes I notice on my body are very encouraging. Way to go for you!!!!

what are you doing for your additional cardio? maybe I should add some more ab ripper x or do cardio x on top of whatever work out is scheduled for that day...