Gaining on 1400 calories?!?!

2»

Replies

• yibia
    yibia Posts: 1
    Yes, it is possible.

Especially if there is a family history of certain illness. A close family member of mine found out that her stomach wasn't digesting properly after she was on a very low calorie physician directed program. Doctors wanted to do surgery to correct her stomach ( this is not surgery for weight loss) but she is too ill. Instead they prescribed, digestive enzymes and artichoke extract. Both help in digestion. She also has water with a good amount of lemon juice before each meal. Lemon is basic in the body and helps balance the pH of the body (it is acidic outside the body). Anyway, digestive enzymes can be purchased at nearly any supermarket or health food store. I hope this helps! Good luck!
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Another thing that I hadn't thought of yet: sodium intake. Maybe I'm retaining water because of how much sodium I take in? because I look the same in the mirror, and my arms look more toned than in May. I'm gonna watch my sodium this week and see what happens. @Branstin, I normally eat about half of them back, and will get a monitor when I get a galaxy s5. Ok guys I guess case is closed? I'm new to this whole forum thingy and don't quite know how to end this sooooo.... Bye, I guess.

Unlikely. What causes fluctuations in weight is not so much the level of sodium but the fluctuations. For example, when reaching the "show", some bodybuilders will consume more sodium leading to competition and then reduce drastically to eliminate more water. That makes them artificially more defined through dehydration.

Your body weight gets used to the amount of sodium you normally consume (homeostasis). Of course, if you're prone to hypertension you probably would be well advised to reduce your sodium intake.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    My diary is open! it just shows my breakfast. I don't have a food scale.
    Then you're just estimating. And that's just a fancy way of saying guessing. You're guessing wrong. You need some accuracy.

This.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Well I'm a 5ft 2" 26 year old female and I'm currently losing weight on 1550, so you're not eating enough if your calorie intake is actually 1400. If you haven't got a scale you have no idea what you are actually consuming.
    You need to start from scratch and stop guessing your figures otherwise you won't make any progress

Edit spelling