Bigger lunch, or dinner?

Options
Do you use more of your calories for lunch, or for dinner?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I usually use mine for lunch but it depends, sometimes they are equal in calorie count, or very close to. It's all preference.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I personally use mine for dinner. But when I hit plateaus I mix it up a bit to kick start my body again. Sometimes I will have a huge breakfast if I am in a big slump.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I try to stay about the same.
  • melissa1977
    melissa1977 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I usually use mine at dinner because I can't sleep if I'm hungry.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I tend to do the following:
    200-300 breakfast
    400-500 lunch
    the rest is dinner and snacks
    I get 1390 a day. So most of the time I like to use more at dinner when I am eating with my husband because it gives me more variety to choose something he will like to eat too.
  • javamom
    javamom Posts: 309
    Options
    I keep it flexible. Some days I have special dinner plans or a higher calorie meal planned for the family than usual. I try to plan my meals and log them the night before. It is a personal decision - I like to sit down and eat a portion of what my family is eating to model healthy eating habits for my daughters. Sometimes that means scaling back earlier in the day.
  • erh2278
    erh2278 Posts: 19
    Options
    Mine are mostly with dinner because that is the meal I have with the family. Much easier to stick to smaller healthier meals for breakfast/lunch, don't like the idea of eating a salad while everyone else is enjoying 'real' food :laugh:
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Mine vary I try to keep my calories equally spread out through the day unless on certain days when I know I will be going to dinner out or something, well then I will save them.
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    I'm all over the place. Not intentionally but it really depends on my daily routine from week to week.
  • 2hdesign
    2hdesign Posts: 153
    Options
    Dinner, because that's the meal I most often eat with my husband (making lighter lunches alone easier)
  • icemaiden013
    Options
    I prefer to use them at lunch if I can but since Col can't work from home any more I tend to use them for dinner!
  • amandadrsg
    amandadrsg Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I allot myself 1200-1400 cal/day, I usually make breakfast around 500 calories, and spread the rest out over 2 snacks, lunch and dinner. Sometimes I will skip one snack or lunch. Just depends.