Change in menstrual cycle

Options
Have any of you ladies had a change in cycle since dieting and exercising? I usually start on day 28 and today is day 32 and still no period. Not PG either, I now only have my right tube and it is cut, burned and tied!

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Not really, I just find that my cramps aren't as bad now.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    At the stage of life I'm in, my cycle is more like a rollercoaster anyway, so I couldn't say. Have you lost a LOT of weight, enough that you might be below a healthy % of body fat?
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I noticed that mine changed by a few days when I first started but it got back on a regular cycle after that.

Thank you for not calling it TOM. LOL
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Nope, like clockwork every month.

My cramps are less now and my flow isn't quite as heavy - and by that I mean I don't panic that I am going to bleed to death when it happens.
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I noticed mine started changing when I lost 20ish pounds, it started earlier and lasted a shorter time. My cycle is a bit irregular now, my gyno told me it was fine.
  • taranbatt
    taranbatt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have lost 16 lbs total since march, I am now 131. Im working on getting to 115. I'm 5'1 so I am definantly not in the low fat % right now.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Diet can affect hormones. Changes in your cycle could be an indication of a change in your hormones.

You should probably consult a physician since everybody's body will react differently based on genetics.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I lost mine for a few months last year. (I was hard core exercising and dieting) I had to take pills to make it regular. I just got off it and trying to see if it'll arrive on its own.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    mine decided to speed up and switch to a 21 day cycle instead of a 28 day cycle. birth control became a must; "ain't nobody got time for that!"
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mine have always been regular, but they are 3 days shorter and lighter since I have lost weight and exercised.
  • drich1989
    drich1989 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this! YES I have had major changes. I started 4 days late this month. Almost had a panic attack because I've never been late! A few people around me mentioned it is likely change in diet/exercise. My cramps have gotten worse as well. Not sure why, but overall things have definitely been changing.