6 months: 73lbs = Half way there!

Options
purcel
purcel Posts: 34 Member
Hi all! So this past week I hit my 6 month mark of my 'life change'. There have been some tough moments but nothing I couldn't handle and I have not been more committed to change and happy with my day to day life... ever!

First! before/progress pictures! I can’t believe I didn’t take photos right away when I started on Nov 30, 2013. I took my first photos in the New Year so the below ‘before’ picture isn’t even me at my biggest!

6month-face_zps1480aef8.png

6month-front_zps3f6aac57.png

6month-side_zps06cbe0e8.png

6month-back_zpsd97e6147.png

So I’ve been fat since junior high. I was always the tallest in my class so it was an easy transition to become the widest too. Then in senior high I hurt my back pretty bad and that’s when I really ballooned out with 130 pounds slowly but surely being added over the last ten years. Then for some reason at the end of November last year something hit me. I had enough of my own excuses and feeling down on myself, going on about how unhappy I was but only able to half try to lose weight and be in a cycle of never ending yo-yo dieting. So I decided to change! I started off with 5 days of juicing and have been keeping close track of my calories ever since. I measure and weigh all my food. I only drink water (except for maybe 1 hot chocolate/chocolate milk drink a month). And I log my food every day! Planning out what I’ll eat tomorrow on MFP the night before. Looking back, overall, it hasn’t been too bad really, you just have to push through those really tough moments because they will pass and things will get better.

My measurements! (also height = 5'7")

6monthweeklyweightloss_zps232716d5.png

Nov 30th / May 31st = Total Loss

Weight: 304.4 / 231.3 = 73.1lbs lost!

Lower Waist: 56 / 46 = 10 inches lost!
Upper Waist: 42 / 36.5 = 5.5 inches lost!
Hips: 57.5 / 47.5 = 10 inches lost!
Bust: 53 / 45.5 = 7.5 inches lost!
Right Bicep: 15 / 11.5 = 3.5 inches lost!
Right Thigh: 30 / 26.5 = 3.5 inches lost!

Total Inches lost = 40!! (one thing about my hip measurement, I was measuring 22inches down from my shoulder to make sure I was measuring the same spot all the time and my belly has risen up so much that at that level my hip can actually be measured without my belly in the way, making it 44inches! so I raised the level up so I could still know what my belly was at its biggest point. either way a great loss :D)

BMI: 47.7 / 36.2 = 11.5 points down! (No longer ‘very severely obese’! just one point away from only moderately obese!)

Dress size: 24 / 18 = 4 dress size down!

I have maintained an average of a daily 1486 calorie deficit which made me lose an average of 2.8lbs a week. I had to keep thinking in averages because as you can see with my chart pictures, there were a few weeks I gained, lost less or lost a lot! Plus there were 10 days I didn’t have a deficit in my calories (I ate a lot!) But I just had to remember one bad day doesn’t ruin everything just like one good day won’t fix everything. You have to keep things up for the long haul!

6monthdailynetcaloriedeficit_zpsfee039a2.png

The last 6 months have been great. I've been happy and doing things I never thought possible (last weekend I competed in a duathlon: 3km run-10km bike-3km run, and finished in 1hr 26min with no stopping or walking!). I look forward to working out everyday and when I miss a workout I just don't feel as good. Sitting around like I use to is not enjoyable anymore! For the next 6 months I will be decreasing to an average of a daily 1000 calorie deficit to aim for an average of 2lbs a week loss. Still I can’t believe the progress I’ve made and I can’t wait to do another post when I hit 1 year! :D

Replies

• Groto1980
    Groto1980 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • debneeds2beskinny
    debneeds2beskinny Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you have done an awesome job - congratulations
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress! Keep up the amazing work!
  • vitz3
    vitz3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You're doing amazingly well! You should feel proud of all the effort you've put in and the results are fantastic! So inspiring and you look great! Keep going!
  • tonybadea
    tonybadea Posts: 1
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    your doing amazing.. Keep it up!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!

I wish I had boobs. :sad:
  • tinaslim
    tinaslim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Great job charting everything and letting us see every step of the way with the pics! Really awesome!!! ;) Can't wait to see the next post!!
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job so far, good luck with the rest of your journey x
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Brilliant ★☆★☆★☆★☆★
  • decgirl63
    decgirl63 Posts: 15
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    great job girl!! keep pushing!
  • MadTownD
    MadTownD Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That's incredible! You're incredible! :smile:

Awesome work!

:drinker:
  • DMSimpson87
    Options
    I really needed to hear this! Thanks for posting and way to go! You are doing an awesome job and are a great inspiration to me!
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you! I love how one day you decided you just weren't going to put up with excuses and yo-yo dieting any longer! And you had the courage to change! Yay! So very well done! You are doing a fantastic job and you look absolutely great! :flowerforyou:
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    great job and awesome comparison pics
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is awesome! You look fantastic!!

:flowerforyou:
  • CindySportsMom3
    CindySportsMom3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great. Keep up the good work.
  • rileyp956
    rileyp956 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself! Well done. You look wonderful.
  • Diva1205
    Diva1205 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!