Mango

Options
Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
Hello, I was given several lbs of mangoes.. I have made mango salsa , but lost what to do with the rest of them. Do you think I can freeze them???? Any suggestions would be so appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• MommaMeatus
    MommaMeatus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    mix them with plain greek yogurt (or vanilla)....to die for!!
  • MommaMeatus
    MommaMeatus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Julienne carrot, red pepper and red onion, add to chunked mango with a touch of minced cilantro. Refrigerate 1 hour, they will marinate in their own juices, serve along side steak as a salad or any thai dish!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Yes you can freeze mango's. I would chop or slice them first.

Mango's go really well teamed up with Pork. Tenderloin, roast, or chops. Amazing.
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Mash the mangoes and make frozen mango pops
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Mango Smoothies, Mango Ice Cream, Mango Mojitos, Fresh Mangoritas, Grilled Mango with Fish,

You can mix Mango, Red Peppers, Cilantro, and Garlic and make a sauce for beautiful summer fish like Chilean Sea Bass, Mahi-Mahi, Blackened Swordfish, or even Cajun Tilapia.

Adding mango with cilantro, spinach, mesculin greens, grilled tomatillos, red peppers, cilantro or mint, and some olive oil will make for a fantastic summer salad.

Tropical Fruit Salad is of course a must.

You can also take my recipe for this (goes great with jerked chicken, and cajun or blackened fish/meat)

Take Basmati or Jasmine Rice and cook it as per instructions. After it is done, let it cool slightly and then mix with olive oil, toasted coconut flakes, diced mangoes, raw red peppers, cilantro, and pineapple (not too much or it will be too sweet), and a little bit of salt, pepper, and chili powder (very light on the chili powder or it'll overpower the other subtle flavors. serve
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was given several lbs of mangoes.. I have made mango salsa , but lost what to do with the rest of them. Do you think I can freeze them???? Any suggestions would be so appreciated. Thanks

Cup up, place in freezer bag and freeze until you need them. I have mango all year round by doing this.

For use: add to plain Greek yoghurt, or make a fruit smoothie (strawberries, banana, blackberries, pineapple - all frozen)
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I love frozen mango in smooties/protien shakes....yum! My husband also loves to infuse it with clear rum, if you are into drinking it is really tasty.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    I knew I could depend on you guys. Trucker friend had a crate break during transit so have over 40 lbs of fruit. So glad I have all the wonderful suggestions.. Again, really appreciate it.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    If you have a juicer you can juice them too.
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    Options
    have them with some low fat plain or vanilla yoghurt and passion fruit! :)
    Seriously yummy!!
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You could make Mango wine if you like to drink or want to try something different. Google has tons of ways to make wine a simple recipe would be to remove the seeds put in a food processor add some sugar and yeast then let ferment for a month.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    You could make Mango wine if you like to drink or want to try something different. Google has tons of ways to make wine a simple recipe would be to remove the seeds put in a food processor add some sugar and yeast then let ferment for a month.
    Mmmmmmm never thought of that.. All sound wonderful
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Freeze and toss in blender or juicer with frozen strawberries to make ice cream. They're also a nice addition alongside pineapple in Hawaiian meatballs.