Am I too big for a bikini?

Options

Replies

• krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    When I was at the beach in Southern California this summer I found that the bodies that rocked bikinis best were the ones that rocked them with confidence! It had nothing to do with body size!

Strut the beach with your head held high, don't let yourself feel uncomfortable, and people will look at you like "DAMN she looks GOOD!"

Trust me - it works!!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Wear what you are comfortable in. Nobody else can tell you you are took big for any swimsuit.
  • biffdaddy
    biffdaddy Posts: 17
    Options
    Wear the bikini!! The one-piece is not flattering. I realize this is a fitness site but real men want real women. Real women have curves! It's a fact of life. If you are comfortable enough and proud enough to rock that bikini, do it!! You realy do look fabulous!I
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I personally hate almost all one pieces, I think they are frumpish and unflattering. If you are truly lacking the confidence for a bikini (though I think you look just fine wearing one!) I would at least spring for a tankini. That one piece adds like a decade to your age.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Definitely not too big for a bikini! The bikini look better! Have a great time!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You can do what you want, but I think that one piece looks super sexy on you. That's not to say that you don't look good in a bikini. I just think that maybe you picked out the wrong bikini for you and the right one piece.
  • OccamsDisposableRazor
    OccamsDisposableRazor Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Add another vote for the bikini! Agree with those above that you've got a rocking Marilyn Monroe-esque body, and if she kicked *kitten* in a bikini, so can you! I'm normally a 1-piece kinda person, but the bikini really does suit you much better. Also agree with others above to throw those shoulders back and hold your head high on the beach - you look fabulous!
    And on a personal note - you've inspired me to go bikini shopping. I've always felt too fat to wear one, but after losing weight and (more importantly) gaining confidence, you've inspired me to get out there and rock these curves.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Ummm… are you serious? You look great, you totally rock both! You’ll be turning heads this summer girl!
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    +1 for the bikini. It is much more flattering. The one piece makes the line of your upper thigh going up into your waist look squeezed funny.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Ah.....NO!!! I think the bikini is more flattering, actually.

Have a fun vacation!!!
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The key is CONFIDENCE... when you feel good about how you look so will others and if they don't **** them... I say put the bikini on and work it like you walking a runway... it's your body be proud and show it off...
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I'm going on my first beach vacation in almost 7 years next week. I didn't know what to do by way of a swimsuit so I bought a bikini and an all-in-one.
    Would be nice to not feel like a whale when I'm living it up in the sun but I'm really not convinced.

I told myself that I would be super slim and toned by the time my holiday rolled around, but as always, things haven't really gone to plan. I plan on spending most of my time covered up in a kaftan anyways.

Guys, tell me seriously - am I too big for a bikini?

2fe2d64b-f1d7-470c-a1f9-41eb3bd05614_zps8e58fa54.jpg

a140f1c8-0df6-458e-8592-a9ce35cca268_zps23c790c7.jpg

Nope
    I saw plenty of women on the beach yesterday who should not be in bikinis though.
  • fit_gal
    fit_gal Posts: 167
    Options
    You're not too big for a bikini x But if you're going to feel uncomfortable in it, then either buy a sarong to walk around in (you can get really nice ones) or buy a full swimsuit that accentuates the nice curves you've got. Not that black one!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Not really. Your figure is amazing, I don't know your weight but I'd trade it with mine anytime. No way I could look that good in a bathsuit!

Also - I'd go for the second one. It's kind of "vintage" styled while the first looks a bit old fashioned and doesn't suit your curves as much as the second one does. I think you're blessed with a very proportioned body, that's why a swimsuit still suits you even with some extra weight.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the bikini. One pieces are too "old" for you. If you're uncomfortable in the bikini, get a matching tankini top and bring it with you on vacation. Plan to wear the bikini top but, if you don't feel comfortable, wear the tankini top.
  • wfrazjr
    wfrazjr Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Rock it...
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Both are terrific ......... have a great time & stop worrying :drinker:
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I think they both look good. I'd go with whatever you are comfortable in!
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    rock that bikini......you have got this!!!!.... like others have said.....it's all about confidence......you are beautiful and if you think that about yourself, others will think it too......have an awesome holiday and soak up that sun......I wish I had your confidence to wear a bikini earlier in my weight loss journey....I would never even have put one on, let alone taken pictures of myself in it.....so, you go girl.....and by the way.....I sooooo wish I had what you have to put in the top of my bikini!!!!!!!.....I'm jealous!!!!!.....you will look awesome on the beach!!!!!!!!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, but I LOVE the one piece on you. Very Marilyn Monroe-esque. However, both look great!

This is what I was thinking. The two piece looks just fine and you are definitely not too big for it, but I think the 1 piece does better things for your curves. More classic. If it's a beach vacation, why not bring both?