Nerds Unite!

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Cringed hard at OP's post and the replies.

Why? Not nerd enough for you? :yawn:
    No, not at all.

Just the fact that you flaunt in like "OMG I'm such a nerd!" "Nerds unite!" is pathetic imo.

Enough with the binary code, we can all google translators lol..
    Brahdude feels left out...
    Much sad...
    so disappoint...

he can just come join the "thought we were nerds" group with Ennui and I. No problem. We have monopoly and everything. I'm also making margarita's.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What about dorks?

If by this you mean that you get your outfits right but occasionally laugh/snort then you will be on the Ennui and I group. You would not be nerdy enough for these people and so not nerdy enough for their subset.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I'm super heavy into Pac Man and Monopoly.

This is how I'm feeling right now. I used to think I was nerdy but apparently not. I just got ousted by a pretty clear set of nerds who apparently didn't think I was nerdy enough for them probably because i'm more b!tchy than nerdy and what's more even more honest than even both those things. I don't know all I know is the queen nerd started pushing all their insecure nerd buttons and exploiting whatever leftover nerd feels they still have from whenever high school or prom or whatever. So yeah ENNUI if you wanna start a club where Pac Man and Monopoly are enough I'd like to join it with my ardour for maths and strange words like ardour ...that's all I got.

Ardour is a great word. And in realm of nerdisms and the love of math and strange words may I suggest the writer that battled ennui (but not ENNUI) writing about love, linguistics and coming of age; all that in:

Ada or Ardor by Nabokov

May it give you the joy it gave me.
  • QS82
    QS82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if I fit into this category or not, as there's a lot of gamers here and I don't play much (although I do still have an old N64 on which I play my one and only game, Mariokart).

But anyway, i'm perhaps more of a 'geek' than a nerd, but my interests are physics, in particular quantum mechanics, and meteorology, which I study.

It's still be nice to 'meet' fellow folk who like these subjects on here though. I generally enjoy thinking about things, it's nice to meet people who like the same. :smile:
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

This is how I'm feeling right now. I used to think I was nerdy but apparently not. I just got ousted by a pretty clear set of nerds who apparently didn't think I was nerdy enough for them probably because i'm more b!tchy than nerdy and what's more even more honest than even both those things. I don't know all I know is the queen nerd started pushing all their insecure nerd buttons and exploiting whatever leftover nerd feels they still have from whenever high school or prom or whatever. So yeah ENNUI if you wanna start a club where Pac Man and Monopoly are enough I'd like to join it with my ardour for maths and strange words like ardour ...that's all I got.

Pshaw. What is a geek or a nerd? Quite simply someone who has a passion for a particular interest. One can be a beer geek or a skate geek or a baseball nerd. Or a pac man monopoly margarita nerd.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Ardour is a great word. And in realm of nerdisms and the love of math and strange words may I suggest the writer that battled ennui (but not ENNUI) writing about love, linguistics and coming of age; all that in:

Ada or Ardor by Nabokov

May it give you the joy it gave me.

And The Chess Player but that's not his.

:flowerforyou:
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Doctor Who, BSG, Dune. Photography, and various vintage Pentax cameras I've collected that's where I get my nerd on.
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Hi Frank!
    I am Tracey and I am also a bit of a nerd. I do Pathfinder, Minecraft, WoW, Civilization V, and multiple H.P. Lovecraft inspired games. I am looking to lose at least another 45lbs.
    Looking to add some more Nerdy people!

Write about your nerdy hobbys and lets all unite for this quest to find a healthy lifestyle and get some epic loot!

My name is Frank, but a lot of people just call me Nerd. I am a Gamer of every type. Be it Video Games, Table Top Games, or Card Games I love them all! I also run a blog www.nerdfitquest.com and a online gaming community www.thecrimsonknights.com. Right now I am trying to get into pathfinder (kind of like DnD), playing FFXIV ( The new Final Fantasy MMO), and other random games. I also play MTG. I am also a avid anime fan, have been since I was 12. I try to watch most new anime and am a big fan of old school anime. GTO is my #1 Anime of all time. This season I am really into No Game, No Life.

Feel free to add me!
  • FairlyOddChelle
    FairlyOddChelle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    How wonderful! I love this thread!

I think the biggest "nerd" hobby I have are video games. My favorite series is Metal Gear Solid. I love all of my gaming systems/handhelds dearly, although my PS4 and 3DS probably get the most attention. Also enjoy television and reading. Anyone feel free to add me :)
  • tinkbaby101
    Options
    Hi Frank!
    I am Tracey and I am also a bit of a nerd. I do Pathfinder, Minecraft, WoW, Civilization V, and multiple H.P. Lovecraft inspired games. I am looking to lose at least another 45lbs.

Oh goodness, I forgot about Civ. I haven't played in ages, but I remember it being a lot of fun. I also used to play Age of Empires, though I admittedly used cheats all the time. :embarassed:
  • BeatriceBane
    Options
    So as I look at replies I'm building Venn diagrams in my head. Finite sets of the collection of gamers, the TV show watchers, the sci-fi readers, the geeks, the toy collectors, the binary jokers, those that don't post, cos-players, the main-streamer hipster youth, ex-AD&Ders, pre-massive onl-line whatevers, a linguist, a historian ...

... and some angry dude, in the corner.

(le sigh)

I guess I'm a geek. #epiphanyofidentity

810a750dd882322f0fbd937558bc96c6.jpg

or a dork.

This venn diagram could possibly be the best thing I've seen.
  • scifimomma
    scifimomma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Nerds!
    My name is Liz, I'm 31 with 10 more pounds to lose to my high goal weight! Been at it for a little over a year now.
    My nerd status can be verified this weekend as my husband and I are attending a Star Trek convention in Chicago! This will be our 7th or 8th one we've gone to. LOVE IT! I cosplay as a Bajoren woman, complete with nose ridges and a custom earring.
    My hubby and I love convention-ing..be it Comicon, HorrorHound, Days of the Dead, Starbase Indy, Creation Entertainment Con's...we love it all!
    I'm a lover of the horror genre as well as sci-fi. I can seriously throw down some Star Wars Trivia and love Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory...and Euker.
    Oh, and I'm a high school math teacher...so, yeah. I'm a nerd. :-)

Live Long and Prosper!
  • scifimomma
    scifimomma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Loving the Firefly Ticker! Shiney!
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a bunch of people on the internet trying to "out-nerd" each other.
  • tinkbaby101
    Options
    Loving the Firefly Ticker! Shiney!

wink-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2550.gif
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Cringed hard at OP's post and the replies.

Don't be jealous just because you can't name all the captains of the Enterprise. We are here to help!

Ooooh! I can! I can!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a bunch of people on the internet trying to "out-nerd" each other.

Seriously :yawn: ad nauseam
  • delazouche
    delazouche Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow nerds and weirdos- I'm a big fan of anything Tolkien, Doctor Who, reading, Anne Rice, anime, Game of Thrones, Renaissance festival type stuff, and am involved with some more obscure, eccentric hobbies like BJDs and BPAL perfume oil collecting. Used to frequent anime conventions fairly often before The Real World took over and limited my time/money for such excursions. I'm crazy obsessed with knitting, too, if that makes me nerdy. Feel free to friend me!
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm Meg, and I am currently reading General Longstreet's autobiography, published in ~1896, called 'From Manassas to Appomattox'.

Reading some of the other posts in this room though, I think I may be the wrong kind of nerd. :P