Best Ever Water Cup

Options
So I bought a bubba 32 oz cup yesterday. It was $12 at Walmart, which is a little pricey for a water cup, but it's double walled and it has the best soft, flexible, oversized straw that helps you gulp down water twice as fast. I'm so in love with mine that I had to let you all know. If you struggle to get your water in, try one. You won't be sorry!

Replies

• missjones513
    missjones513 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I have the 24oz one. I love it.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I got the Aladdin Mason for $9 something at Wal-mart.

I was also unsure about the price, but I've had the same experience.

No condensation, it hasn't stained, it looks cute, and the huge straw has helped me up my liquid consumption.

And I get compliments on it!

:drinker:
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It's all about that awesome straw. Doesn't get stuck on ice cubes. Doesn't have those awful ridges that get moldy and gross. Helps you literally gulp water down. I feel like everyone should own one.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    OK...cynicism coming through again...

I didn't realize drinking water from a regular cup was so problematic that it required a $10+ solution.

I use one of the free cups I picked up in a goodie bag at a golf tournament I played in about 7 years ago at my desk at work.

/snark

Anyway - glad it works for you. I guess anything that encourages you to drink water is a good thing *shrug*
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    My cup is Bubba brand also though only 22 ounce and no straw. Bought at Walmart a few weeks ago. Got it for a deal because their overnight stockers put the new Bubba cups on a clearance shelf with a bunch of others that were marked down. There were 4-5 in different colors there, no bar codes but a big sign saying $5. No way for a shopper to know that some of them were in the wrong place.
  • Christie23
    Options
    So grateful for your snarky remark. Super helpful.
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    Ps-whatever it takes to help us drink more water. I don't like drinking water. But this keeps stuff cold a while, and I know 2x emptied = 5 cups.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

Honestly I'm glad it works for you...no snark.

Maybe it's just a guy thing. I have the same reaction to the $200 purses my wife comes home with that apparently do a better job of "carrying crap around" than the $40 ones.
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    I'm not a fan of the $200 purses either. Why spend all my money on something to hold money that I no longer possess? Kohls sale for me!

ETA: I'm cheap $40 is still too much.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    OK...cynicism coming through again...

I didn't realize drinking water from a regular cup was so problematic that it required a $10+ solution.

I use one of the free cups I picked up in a goodie bag at a golf tournament I played in about 7 years ago at my desk at work.

/snark

Anyway - glad it works for you. I guess anything that encourages you to drink water is a good thing *shrug*

I work in an office, so having a cup that doesn't bleed all over my desk, and that has a lid in case I spill it is very helpful.

I used a regular cup, but in the back of my mind I always knew if that thing fell over on the desk it'd cause more problems than it was worth. And it bled and got liquid condescension on my desk.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options

Maybe it's just a guy thing. I have the same reaction to the $200 purses my wife comes home with that apparently do a better job of "carrying crap around" than the $40 ones.

No $200 purses here.

But I did realize this weekend that I had a $55 pedicure tucked into a $4 pair of sandals.

Conclusion: I need to spend more on shoes.
  • Christie23
    Options

Well, as much as I hate to defy stereotypes, I haven't bought a purse since high school (two decades ago now) and don't typically make frivolous purchases. My previous "freebie" water cups, both given to me from the hospitals where my daughters were born, developed mold in the straw. So I set out to find a good cup that would last and serve its purpose well. When I found one that exceeded my expectations, I wanted to share in the off chance that others were looking for the same thing that I was and hesitant to spend money in case the product did not follow through.
  • juggernaut1974
    Options

No $200 purses here.

But I did realize this weekend that I had a $55 pedicure tucked into a $4 pair of sandals.

Conclusion: I need to spend more on shoes.

Sounds like you and the Mrs. would get along quite well.

I never hear of how much was spent on a shopping trip...just how much was...cough..."saved"...cough
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

No condensation, it hasn't stained, it looks cute, and the huge straw has helped me up my liquid consumption.

That's what I have for work and love it! Everyone comments.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    And thus the liberating reality of earning my own money and being single.

I can spend it however I want, and no one can ***** because it's MINE.

And I can still rock the $4 sandals to the mall, although it is time for an upgrade.

:-)
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    The closest I have ever come to buying an expensive drinking cup anywhere was at Walmart. It was one of those infusion cups where you can add fruit or mint leaves and infuse flavor into your water. In the end, I couldn't justify the cost. I did wind up with a Brita filtering water bottle, but you can practically feel your head imploding while trying to pull water from the opening. lol

More often than not, I just use a regular drinking glass at home and reuse a water bottle at work a few times.
  • CourtneyK8586
    CourtneyK8586 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

I have this too! The 32oz one and I try to fill it at least 3 or 4 times a day!! :)
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    how would you clean the straw? or is it disposable?